Harkoonnen: Emperor Worm

If you play at hard the atreides will use their hawkstrike everytime, which is really annoying when you just gather forces. when you managed to produce devastators, do so, since they are usally to slow to leave the map before the hawkstrike ist over.

the most significant unit in this mission and with every house is, as mentioned, the ix-projector. especially when you play as hark and try to wipe out the ordos base southwest. they produce lasertank in such a great number If you wait to long you will engage a 100+tankforce that will launch an attack sooner or later in game. They easy shoot 10+ devastators befor they can even return fire. I never managed this until I used the ix-projector to copy these lasertanks fast in great numbers too. when they fire they explode in return because of the energy-shield. this way one projected tank takes out a real tank, at least in theory - when they concentrate fire on one tank, they will explode anyway so keep your ix-man projectoring all the time. If you have to deal there with harkonnen use the projector-tank with the missle-tank. one missle-blast takes out a standard tank, so a great number of them will win against a great number of tanks.

to defend minos and sonic-tanks I prefer a group of 2-3 missle-tanks with personal micromanagement (fire missles and retreat immediatly); inkvine does the infantry. Build your factory on the east side of the starting cliff to have units straight into battle. after the first rush from southwest base there will be a tough encounter from the west. place as many towers at the southeast corner of the cliff and let them do the hard part of the job. when you have deviators against you, they cant confuse towers. With all houses clean the north rock (with enemy towers and windtraps) as soon as possible and place several Minos (atr) or Inkvines(Hark) on the top but watch out. Enemy Minos and Inkvines will try to shoot them down so in case of remove your units to the western corner. leave 2-3 missle-tanks on top for defense since air-units or niab-tanks will come around. advantage: units on top cannot leave battlefield although hawkstriked. the atr-palace is always at the southend of the large eastern rock formation and should be taken out as soon as possible.

As hark I never use the mega-cannon. It is pretty crap. btw, the mega-cannon in the cotl-mod is whta a real mega-cannon should be ;)