Epic Dune, a Dune 2000 Mod.

harkahn

Hello. My name is Jason Holdsclaw and I am the creator of Epic Dune, the new Dune 2000 modification. I just wanted to know what people think of it, any improvements, if you liked it or not, etc. If you have not tried it, I suggest you do, it changes many aspects of the game and all the impressions and messages I have recieved so far have been good. It can be downloaded from this site at Dune2K.com. If you have any comments, whether you liked it or not, I would like to hear them. Thanks.

- Jason

I liked it, but the ai is too dumb with the new units and infantry is useless now :(

but still i liked it a lot.

oNly with the atreides against an ai is sooooo simple. You just collect 20k of spice and after this you start launching those thopter attacks as fast as possible.

you can get another launch before the thopters reach their destination. So you can just launch 10 times and hes dead :P

and i really like the sonic tanks. Especially wen inside an enemy base :)

Hey, thanks for the replies you guys. For Gobalopper, yes, I have been working on and off making a Dune 2000 MOD for several months now, however, the process is extremely slow given the binary and compressed nature of the BIN files, they can only be edited, as far as I have seen, with a HEX editor, or the TibEd program. As far as recommendation goes for those wanting to make their own mods, I would suggest using TibEd for several reasons. First of all, it is easier and faster, and secondly, it can do everything you can do yourself using a HEX editor, because it basically translates the information from the BIN files, and then recompiles them.

For the second posting. Im glad you liked the Mod. As for infantry being useless, I would have to disagree, as I use them myself quite frequently and proficiently. However, the mod does change their strengths and weaknesses greatly, depending on the unit, therefore it is very possible they will not be able to perform in older strategies that worked for the original. As for the Ornithopters, I like them as well. They are a powerful weapon, but again, 20k is a lot of money in a true multiplayer game, and when others are actively working against you at the same time with their own forces, they are really more suited to large scale bombing attacks in groups, than continually throughout the game. I agree the AI is rather stupid, but its always been that way, i suggest in skirmishes going against 3 or 4 AI players for a challenge, other than that, its really a lot more fun in multiplayer or single player campaigns, especially multiplayer, that is if you both have the mod.

Well, I hope that answered some questions, and I hope others enjoy it. Good night.

- Jason