D2TM - Help develop! Get the source. (SVN)

stefanhendriks

Woot. I got it working on MSVC. But in a very untidy way. I can make a patch for you once I clean it up.

Also, there is a memory bug in CreditsDrawer. The stack was smashed because currentCredits was not initialized, and sprintf tried to write a 9-digit number to a char[7] array. Fixed that and I was able to finally get into the menu.

But I can't place concrete slabs hahaha

Great work. I have seen the CreditsDrawer bug. I have fixed that one myself (thx for that, it fixed for me an unexplainable sound for credits dropping/gaining when accessing skirmish mode).

I have to admit, I play starcraft II a lot now, so I really don't develop on this much. But then again, SC2 is a fine rts and could probably bring inspiration for further versions of d2tm :)

Depends which/what palette he changes. What I do is create a palette for each house, and pre-process them (ie, adjust the colors accordingly). Then, all i need to do when drawing on screen is making sure the right palette is used. So:

- create screen bitmap (which is 16 bit or higher)

- create house palettes (copy default palette, and then change colors for each house)

- when drawing unit/building, use the house palette. And blit it on the screen palette.

If your screen bitmap is 8 bit, you need to convert the indexes accordingly (this basically means it does not matter if you pre-process palettes).

What library is used? Also, is there a topic about it on fed2k? I'd suggest we continue this conversation there then.

Great work. I have seen the CreditsDrawer bug. I have fixed that one myself (thx for that, it fixed for me an unexplainable sound for credits dropping/gaining when accessing skirmish mode).

I have to admit, I play starcraft II a lot now, so I really don't develop on this much. But then again, SC2 is a fine rts and could probably bring inspiration for further versions of d2tm :)

I don't blame you. SC2 is awesome. I've been doing overtime on it myself.

Here's the patch for msvc.

dune 2.vcproj.patch.zip

Were you aware that you can't place buildings?

• 2 weeks later...

Two SVN updates, adding some new tiny features you might like :)

Revision: 295

Author: stefanhen83

Date: 11:59:32, zaterdag 23 oktober 2010

New: When selecting a structure, the belonging building list is selected as well.

Revision: 294

Author: stefanhen83

Date: 11:40:15, zaterdag 23 oktober 2010

Do not select structure when holding R to repair it.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...