BIOS Diagnostic Signals

I've been trying to start my computer up, but this time it doesn't start up, and makes a series of beeps via the internal computer speaker:

1 long beep, 8 short beeps

According to what I've found out, if I'm using this thing called AMI:

1 long, 8 short        Non-fatal--Display/retrace test

Am I looking at the right thing? What does this display/retrace test thing mean?

Your manual should tell you what the beeps mean. Non fatal should mean that the the computer shouldnt be stopped from starting up.

Try testing the graphics card on another system to start with ?  :-

Lost of "shoulds" there  8)

Fixed the issue by getting a new video card. Faced with a new problem. The right side of the screen has no boundary, or no visible boundary. My mouse could go into the right side of the screen. It doesn't seem like a resolution problem as games seemed to play okay with everything displayed right, but when I sent the mouse off beyond the right edge and clicked, I was sent back to Windows with the fullscreen game minimised.

Also, for RTS games, when I send my mouse slowly to the right side and beyond, I'm able to scroll rightwards. However, when I speed it across the edge, I'm not able to scroll. Some strange problem with the new card it seems. Any solutions?

Edit: Issue fixed. It was a double monitor problem. Locking thread.