Mixer.exe/Hercules 5.1 DVD problems

Hmm, when you say mixer, that reminds me of a creative soundblaster sound card (I had it on my old computer)? Is that what you have?

Maybe reinstall the software/driver for it?

start->run->dxdiag  might show us a sound problem (attach your dxdiag.txt although rename it as someone probably already posted that filename on the forum).

Awesome!

control panel->sounds and audio devices  check "place volume icon in the taskbar" maybe so you can at least control volume (and get into the settings easily). From there there should be some settings to play around with.

If you go to device manager  (system properties aka right click on my computer and click on properties->hardware tab->device manager)

Any problems there (under sounds, video, game controllers)?

Ya the dxdiag sound devices doesn't look good :P

Only thing I can think of was installing the software/driver again

Oops, I forgot to mention, I'm running Win98SE.

Well, here's some more info.  Mixer.exe came with the onboard AC97 sound card, and now I've got a new one.  But now I'm going to be going back to using the onboard one, as the new one is going in my new computer.  But I have a feeling that all the stuff for the onboard card has been deleted. 

Brings me on to another question.  I've got a network cable going into my room.  Can I plug it into a hub and have it distribute the bandwidth automatically between the two?  The network cable is going to a router, but that has no more free slots.

I don't know anything about hubs :/  But like you said I know a router would work (but it's full you say).

Hmm if you look at Driverguide, it should have the drivers you need for the old soundcard (looks to me they did over the website, so I don't know where things are). And the mixer software should work.