Problem with V1.06 patch

ordos45

Ok the patch downloaded. I have the units it gives in practice multiplayer but when I'm online and try to play multiplayer over the net it tells me I need to get online. I've heard you're supposed to go to WW online but I'm not sure where online. If you know the answer please reply on this forum or mail me at galaxy889@hotmail.com

I have the units it gives in practice multiplayer but when I'm online and try to play multiplayer over the net it tells me I need to get online. I've heard you're supposed to go to WW online but I'm not sure where online.

You need to run the program called "Internet Registration" - Dune 2000 installs it in a folder called "Internet Components". That will allow you to sign on and set up an account on WW Online - Thereafter, you can just log on using the Dune 2000 game..

I hope this helps...

Westwood has driven me insane. Someone already had Ordos45 registered and it said I needed to go back and change it. I pressed back it cam up working offline. I pressed refresh and it sent me to WW's homepage and then when I tried to register again it said someone had already registered or already had that account, I'm trying a second identity.

It would not connect me, the game still said it detected no registered username. I tried signing on under the name WestWood said I had gotten and it said connecting...invalid username/password. Could it be because my mom has Eudora on the computer as her e-mail, someone please help.

A VERY DISGRUNTLED ORDOS

Yes they sent me the message, but when I was on the site it said that someone already had the screenname I tried. SO I'm supposedly registered with them but it won't let me play on internet. Also when I tried registering again it wouldn't let me because I put in a priorly used e-mail that was already registered. I'd like to thank you for trying to help me on this.

Well if someone already has the username then you can't use it unless it was registered by you. If you have already registered a username with your email address, you are allowed two per email address I think, then you can send an email to Westwood to get them retrieved.

You can do that here, use IE since the page doesn't load correctly in Netscape:

http://games.westwood.com/cgi-bin/cgiclient?register&request=reg_menu

Dude, you need to run the program "C:WestwoodInternetREGISTER.EXE". If you don't have that program on your HD, that means that you haven't installed the INTERNET COMPONENTS, and you will need to do so. When you run the program (while online), you'll be prompted through the registration process. As Gobalopper stated, WW Online will send you a confirmation e-mail to verify your account information. From there, You justrun Dune 2000/Multiplayer/Internet ... Add your info into the screen name and password boxes, and log on.

Bear in mind that once WWO sends you a confirmation e-mail to verify your account information, the account is yours - NOT UNTIL that point though. if you don't get the e-mail, something is amiss.

I hope this helps.

Ok Gobalopper they said they'd send me my password and username again in a couple of minutes. Captain_Montego it does come up to register when I try to play multiplayer and when I type in the username and account from WW it says it is invalid? I'm gonna try checking my mail for WW's message and hopefully I can play online soon. Once again I'd like to thank you both for your help. I'm gonna go check mail. Think I'll be a Duke by the New Year?

Ok I tried signing on and it said check my ISP, my ISP disconnected me. So I reconnected and tried to connect again and it said that account was already in use. What should I do? How long does WW take to kick you off while your on it for multiplayer? Please help me, I think I may give up on this.

• 2 weeks later...