My computer's too new

Mr_Hangman

Windows XP won't let me install the game, and I can't figure a way around it.  The autorun screen comes up normally, but as soon as I click install I get this error:

16 Bit Windows Subsystem

C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32AUTOEXEC.NT.  The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows

applications. Chose 'Close' to terminate the application.

[Close]    [ignore]

Either option just closes the error window and nothing happens.  I've already tried changing the campatability settings to Windows 95 and checked all the display settings, but the same error occurs.  What can I do?

actually you miss the autoexec.nt file needed to run any emulated file or any 'dos' file that should be emulated in the xp dos emulation window..

Here you go, my autoexec.nt file, copy it into the windows/system32 directory (you will notice you will not need to overwrite any file) and try again.

(file is zipped)

[attachment deleted by Gobalopper]

• 5 months later...

Funny thing is, this same error comes up with the same results on google. I take it you didnt try that ?

Well, either way, glad its working and you can now enjoy Emperor as its meant to be...working...

by the way, this file and indeed the whole subsystem is used for more then just emp. Could have saved yourself from many other programs not working on your comp.