Life Must Hate Me

Vader

You see I go to install my game, and I get to about 65% and the install fails because it can't find a .bik file of some sort. Why must life take the one game I truly could play forever and steal it from me? Especially since it costs so much to replaces it. :(

So does anybody know if it is at all possible to get around a problem with a .bik file? I think it's file or am I destined to be forced to scrimp and save to buy the game again?

Can you buy another copy from the net ?

Or try copying all the files to HD, all except the Bik file, then copy one of the other bik files, rename it to the damaged one, so you have a dummy bik file, and then try reinstalling.

Or get someone to lend you their copy to install from (but you still need your own cd-key).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

20 was much better than paying the 50 that amazon.com was charging for a used one. And the game is the best, I'm just glad I have it again. So far I've just joined Gunseng have helped to kill Copec. Boy I love this game.  8)