dune2000 LAN on Win2k??

Guest anonymous

Guest anonymous

I have windows2000 on both of my computers. When I join the LAN lobby, I dont see my other computer in there. Is this a NT problem? Can I get a patch of some sort to fix it?

Guest anonymous

Yeah I have all the IPX protocols installed correctly. I know the game itself works in win2k because not long ago I was playing against opponents online, and before that I was playing practice missions.  I figure that If I got as far as playing online, I have to be able to do it on lan, but for some reason when I make both computers join the same game ONLINE, it just does the countdown to 0 and never starts.... so im not exactly sure.

Guest anonymous

Not exactly sure why it started working....but I have 2 network cards, so I plugged my lan cable into my 10 mb card and was able to see my other computer. So it was obviously some kind of network settings problem.

And about the trainers....no they dont work in v1.02 in win2k. I already tried it.

I Had the EXACT same problem on MY 2K Machine.. All I had to do was get out my Old 10 MBPS Hub , and the problen Disappeared..  So I'm asuming the Comm system can't handle over 10Meg.. It's STILL rather flakey If there's a '95 system on the LAN tho.. I have as of yet NOT found this glitch. I Just Pull the plugs on and (Under 98SE Systems) on my Lan, and it seems to do FAIR.

<Steve>

• 5 weeks later...

Running Dune 2000 on a LAN is relativly easy. You just have to have the " IPX / SPX " protocol installed on your computer. ( this is not nessesaraly installed when you have a running LAN ). Then ofcourse Dune 2000 itself is also a must have. You'll have to install Dune 2000 on all computers you'd like to use. One needs the CD, this computer is also the "server" for the new game. You select the map and other options on this computer and it gathers the others. The others have to join to the "server". That's about all. :)