Characters in the Legends of Dune series *spoilers*

Dunenewt

Just general conversation here about the characters in the trilogy.

I would say that Xavier Harkonnen was definitely one of the more likable characters, although maybe this was because he is everything you wouldn't expect from a Harkonnen, and Vorian, was another character that I felt was very strong throughout the book, and was a character you could get involved with, and see his feelings, and was very well written.

As was Erasmus, the computer who wanted to be human it seemed, I enjoyed almost all of the Erasmus scenes, even if in the last book I felt that Gilbertus, and the development of the Mentats was a quite weak.

The Cymeks in general weren't too bad, although there were only two Cymeks who I felt were writeen really well, being Agamemnon, and Ajax, and unfortunately, Ajax is killed off quite quickly. 

Anymore comments?

Anyone also feel that Rayna was like Alia?

Rayna... Was she the idiot girl who survived the plague? I hated her. Wretched little fanatic.

Unfortunately, I thought that characterisation was one of the weakest parts in the Legends series; which is saying something since the books overall were terrible. Xavier and Vorian just struck me as stereotypes. The overwhelming impression that I got from them was that the authors were trying too hard to make them into 'good guys.' Hence predictable behaviour, clich