Paul Muad'dib is BACK in Dune 7! Holy shinto! *CONFIRMED*

NeoDevilbane

What use does prescience have in terraforming a planet? A workforce consisting entirely of Paul gholas? Ridiculous

I quote. Moreover, the same Paul Muadib existence has revealed itself "the root of all evils", so it's at a minimun unthinkable Frank would have put in game a Paul Muadib again.

One thing I would contemplate is whether or not the outline was anywhere near the finished product.

We have no reason to believe it won't be. Moreover, we've never seen BH/KJA work off of any outline by FH (and this is a "detailed, expansive" and "complete" outline) save for the "warm-up" in Road to Dune... but we can't even use that to say one way or the other because we're only given the final story, not the outline. Again, could be spot-on, we don't know.

Having an outline lets you look at the general outlook, but as I would assume Frank Herbert thinks a lot about every plot item and how it fits in with the small and large picture.

You're probably right. Which only supports it's likely a very detailed outline that leaves little guesswork or room for B.S. additions by KJA/BH.

With what is happening here, I think Brian Herbert et al are not thinking it through as much as Frank would've done.

Based on what? Shoddy prose (compared to FH) in the prequel novels? We have no reason to believe they'll ape the outline.

They see it in the outline, but feverishly throw it into the plot without contemplating the consequences.

We have seen nothing to support this line of thought.

That's how I see it, anyhow.

At least you're not suggesting Brian Herbert is lying about his dad's outline. People make themselves sound like douchebags when they say that.

I quote. Moreover, the same Paul Muadib existence has revealed itself "the root of all evils", so it's at a minimun unthinkable Frank would have put in game a Paul Muadib again.

At a glance, just going off of the existing FH novels, if FH was still alive and news broke out, "Hey, Frank is bringing back Paul in Dune 7!" I'd certainly be like, "No way, gtf outta here!"

But... Frank decided to do just that in his outline for Dune 7. We need to deal with that.

You seem to be displaying a great deal of faith in these two authors. One might wonder exactly what this is based on, since everything they have provided us with so far has been so sub-standard as to require a whole new scale of wretchedness to classify it. And absence of a thing is sometimes more important than it's presence. When will we see this coincidentally timed, 'detailed and expansive' notes? Why didn't anyone else?

You seem to be displaying a great deal of faith in these two authors. One might wonder exactly what this is based on, since everything they have provided us with so far has been so sub-standard as to require a whole new scale of wretchedness to classify it. And absence of a thing is sometimes more important than it's presence. When will we see this coincidentally timed, 'detailed and expansive' notes? Why didn't anyone else?

They don't need to be great authors (but while I wouldn't elevate them to FH level, I don't consider them terrible) to not F up FH's outline. There's no reason to believe they will.

• 2 weeks later...