Death to the Atreides!

Edric O

Have you looked at the poll results? 53% Atreides! This MUST NOT continue. Ordos, Harkonnen and all non-Atreides dune2k players, unite! Toghether we'll crush the Atreides! Join the OHA! Ya Hya Chouhada!

Does anybody know why there are so many Atreides? Please tell me, I'm confused... What's so great about them??? Nothing!

Of course I know (I did read the first two novels), but I don't know any Ordos sayings (or Atreides or Harkonnen, for that matter), so I'm only left with this one... Okay then, let's just say "Long live the fighters!" You know, Frank Herbert put nearly only fremen words in that dictionnary... I bet they were his favourite side :)

That's one of the reasons I'm an ordos, because they were created by WW. I really don't like the novels. For the people who do, remember that Dune2k (and Dune2) are PREQUELS. Maybe the ordos changed their name in the novels... maybe they're the Bene Tleilax. Or maybe they just stay in the shadow, helping the Guild. In any case, so what if they were created by WW? That doesn't matter. Besides, the OHA is for every enemy of the atreides.

Hmmm, I don't remember you saying what your favourite side is. Let me guess... atreides, right? :)

Well from the games my favourite House is the Ordos but overall it would probably be House Ix, but they go renegade and don't really exist anymore. The Atreides would be a close second though.

I can't remember but doesn't the Ordos Mentat have some sayings during the game? None come to mind right now but I'm almost certain he had a few...

Hmmm, do I sound like a serial killer? :) Maybe I should calm down a little. I really don't think you're an ordos. Most people who like the novels aren't. You don't have to say that. I'm not a maniac, you know. :)

Edric O (the mentat, not me) does have a few sayings, but they don't fit as a battle cry... they're "That is the mission" and "That is advice". My favourite quote is from the ordos briefing before the last mission:

"The ordos control Arrakis, the spice, the UNIVERSE! Finish it! That is... the mission"

If you are an ordos, are you in any Dune clan? (you probably know where this is heading)

Anybody wants to join the OHA? Don't let the atreides defeat you! Unite!

Well I'm not an "Ordos" but I do like them. I treat the games and novels seperately, that is why I have differing opinions on both.

And I'm not in any Dune clan, just don't have the time to play online anymore.

Guest Tomukas

Ok heres why so many people are atreides. I am a good player i know this.

They like the sonics they do so much damage vs anything but devastators

and sometimes tanks missile tanks can outrange them but it doesnt always

help unless the person aint paying attention. I play all houses though.

My nicknames on westwood online are Balto3000 & Tomukas.

I never had problems against sonic tanks... Launchers ALWAYS outrange them and if I deviate them it's chaos in the atreides army. They're not that useful. And the airstrike is easily shot down by my r-turrets.

Guest Tomukas

If you havent played online much you probably dont know what it is like. First of all standard rules are no rush no turrets no engineers and top versus bottom or 2 friends vs rest or 2 clan members vs rest. Sonics do not get taken by missile tanks too easy a sonic does more damage to a missile tank than the other way around.

Well, I haven't played online much because my connection is pretty unstable. It's basically impossible to play for longer than half an hour. But I do play a lot with my friends directly through modems. I usually use pretty much the same rules, except "no turrets". Come on, you need base defences! Why no turrets???

"No rules" games are also lots of fun. I am an ordos, after all :)

Guest Tomukas

If you build turrets you just delay the inevitable. Thats

why no1 wants people to build turrets. Most of the time

no1 does. Well turrets are ok to build on no rules or

no eng only. On rush i usually use hark cauz of armor or

atreides cauz of sonics or ordos cauz of speed & devs.

Just depends on who im playing.

when i rush, i use Ordos cuz they start with 4 combat tanks as opposed to harkonnens 2 and atredies' 2. however, i'm not an Ordos person. they creep me out =)

i'm atredies all the way--fremen actually (hence the name). i love atreides. strangely though, i always find myself playing as harkonnen...

Uhhhhhh... I'm haunting FED2k... :)

I really don't know what you mean about the ordos being creepy. You should know that I hate the fremen even more than the atreides. Read the novels and you'll understand why. They're mad! The desert does that to a person...

About turrets, I don't see why you're not using them. The only units I use for base defence are siege tanks (anti-infantry). I LOVE surrounding my base with walls and turrets. I only leave a small well-guarded exit. It's my "turtle" strategy. I use that exit especially for stealth raiders. They're excellent for scouting and against lone harvesters.

Guest Tomukas

Turrets take up money & valuable time early in the game. to start building u must have all the buildings & 3 heavy factories & 3 light factories & 3 barracks to start building turrets i think i just do it after that. Turrets are not as effective as you think their outranged by missile tanks & if u have a few sieges the missile tanks take them too. Troopers also help when attacking turrets. Also if you manage to get the power the missile turrets are useless. But they are good sometimes. I dont build them early in the game though. I can play a game with turrets or no turrets so doesnt really matter to me. Just saying what most of the online players like.

I don't build turrets early, but I DO build them later on. The siege tanks take care of troopers. As for launchers, I send deviators against them (only once the rest of the attacking force is gone). I keep deviated launchers for defence, right next to the r-turrets, heh heh :)

Guest Tomukas

I got a question. Do you build men & light vehicles & heavy vehicles at the same time and keep building them & ordering from starport. Just asking about ur playing style right now it looks like heavy vehicles & turrets hehe.

My playing style IS about heavy vehicles and turrets, but I also use lots of deviators, stealth raiders and saboteurs. Stealth raiders and saboteurs make an excellent pair, and deviators spread chaos through the enemy army. Of course, it also depends or which house I'm playing against.

Are you trying to start a flame? Because you just did!

Death to the Atreides! Ordos and Harkonnen, unite! We'll assasinate you pitiful duke and nuke your stupid Caladan with 1000 death hands. We'll sabotage your cities and spread death and destruction on your homeworld! KILL THEM ALL! LET NO ATREIDES SURVIVE! Anyone that might still be alive on the burning Caladan will be deviated and turned to slaves. Then we'll use a few stone-burners to give your star a nice new asteroid belt!!!

Just joking, of course :) Just like you.

Guest QakiBoP

Tomukas you are talking alone.

Because i play this game without any rules.

If you wanna play engineers or rush go ahead on xl map you know that won't help!

And about turrets that is the best weapon against 2 vs 2!

But you aren't so good in this game so ..........

You want the Atredies?--COME AND GET THEM!!!

Our wild legions of Fremen will 'bury your base in the sand'!

We will dig your eyes out with our crysknives!

We shall skin you alive!

We shall...o never mind...moving on,

Long live the Fremen! Long live House Atreidies! Long live the Fighters!

Fremen huh? Those little worm-loving pests? Ha ha ha! Our tanks will crush your troops in the sand! Crysknives? You're living in the stone age, you worm-worshippers! The glorious armies of the Ordos and Harkonnen will tremple on your sietches, massacre your population and spill your precious water on the sand!

We'll show you what we can do to your pitiful god Shai-Hulud!

We'll tear your arms from your body!

We'll cut your eyes out and throw them to the dogs!

You'll live out the rest of your lowly lives in pain amplifires!

POWER TO THE ORDOS! POWER TO THE HARKONNEN!

WE'RE COMMING FOR YOU! AND WE DON'T LEAVE ANYTHING ALIVE BEHIND US!

Guest Tomukas

QAKI: I know i aint that good. I just have a lot of experience. I cant keep a steady build hehe... Ive been playing this since december 1998. And are you really qaki or another person posing as him.

You just watch it--with our "stupid worm-gods" we will turn the Water of Life into the Water of Death and destroy all spice production on Arrakis! Every member of your pitiful galaxy will die of withdrawal! You're blood will stain the stars! We will launch our next Jihad and shred your body among the universe.

Long Live the Fremen!

Long Live the Atredies!

Long live...this is rather pointless, isn't it?

Hmmmmmmmm

Guest shorty

We gotta have something to talk about don't we? This topic has recently got the 'hot' label.