New to the game - Multiplayer question

Hey there,

I've recently purchased this game from eBay, and I should receive it any day now. I have two questions about multiplayer:

1. Westwood no longer has an Emperor site, so are they still providing free servers for multiplayer?

2. Is there a large community of people who play this game regularly? I realise the game is 4 years old, and many games die off in that amount of time, so how hard will it be for me to find someone to play with online?

Thank you for all that information, it was a lot to take in. I have one final question: I have a 2 computer network, so without the NoCD patch, will we be able to play over LAN with only one set of CD's?

I appreciate the compilation of reading material, should make playing this game a lot easier. Winning on the other hand.... ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick question... I've figured out how to play his game, it's not much different than C&C, but I'm having problems using the Ordos super waepon. I've built a palace, and the Lightning is available but it is on hold. I've tried clicking on it and it does nothing. Is there some kind of requirement necessary before I can use this, or any, super weapons?

if it is on hold do you mean the weapon isn't charging?  If so then you need more power, lots of windtraps. Unless you mean it charges up and you cant use it, then power isn't the issue.