Belkin Wireless router issues

to start with, if you guess it's your router. Disconnect the power from it. Then reconnect it again. If you havn't changed anything on your router it's probably not your router.

When did this problem start ?

Didn't Mike or someone make another thread aobut this for you ?

Anyway, bypass the router. Connect directly. If its cable then use the cable modem that you have. If its ADSL then scrounge another modem from someone and try that.

Have you tried a factory reset  ?

Might be the easiest way. If you do try it make a note of any settings you need. Maybe export the settigns as a lot of routers let you do, incase you need to get them back in there.

Try that if you have already. Then check the logs, soo if it always blocks something that only seems to show up when you try playing emp.

How old is the router?

Is uPnP enabled on the router? I know my router did not have uPnP enabled which did not allow me to play any online games (but it is not a wireless router). I fixed this problem by updating the firmware(?) for the router which I was then able to enable the option uPnP (which was not available in the old firmware).

So somewhere check your router to see if uPnP is enabled, and if you eithor don't have that option, check the manufacturer for firmware update.

Test to see if the firewall is blocking it by using the DMZ (enter your computers IP addr in the DMZ filed and hit apply, thats it. Works best with static IP).

That should tell you if its the firewall built in to your router or not.