Structure limit in Dune II

MrFlibble

I was very surprise to dicover that there's not only a unit limit but also a structure limit in Dune II which is not for each side but for the whole map, so on later levels you may run find out that no more buildings/walls/concrete slabs can be produced unless you destroy some of your own or your enemy's. I think this limitation wasn't mentioned in the manual, but I'm not sure.

P.S. The secret purpose of this thread is to keep the Dune II forum section alive. I like the game very much and I have recently downloaded the DOS Box so I can play Dune with music and sounds :) It's surprising that the game, being that old and somewhat less perfect than its successors in certain places (e.g. unit group selection etc), is still very gripping and fun to play ;D

you did not know this? I thought the limit was 60 structures. I mentioned it way back with my Dunedit program. It also knows the limit of the structures so it wont let you place more structures in the editor then dune 2 actually supports.

Btw, i thought you could have over 500 "GEN" entries. Meaning, at max you coul dhave 500 slabs placed at once in a scenario file. Dunno if thats also true for BUILDING/PLACING them...