Tleilaxu

Are there only going to be 2 units available to each of the subhouses??? The Tleilaxu ones look pretty crap to be perfectly honest!! I mentioned this in an earlier post, but does anyone know if there's a Face Dancer unit which allows you to mimick the opposing army and infiltrate their base??

A Ghola unit ought to make an appearance as well as I thought these were like the minions to the Face Dancers??? I never heard of the contaminator units in the novels before, do they exist??? Also one more thing; when you ally with a subhouse, do you have complete sontrol over the units or do they roam freely on the battle field to do as they please??? Do you need to build a base for the subhouses if you can "control" them?? If yes, do you think the Tleilaxu will have a "flesh Tank" structure which allows you to "rebuild" dead units into Gholas??

The tlielaxu's units are:

contaminator- Very tough to kill, turn there enemies into more contaminators. Sound very powerfull

Leech- Fires spores into tanks which destory them over times unless an engineer repairs them. Doesn't sound that powerfull.

And niether are mentioned in the books, but WW does not have the liscence to the books so you can't expect them to follow them.

I'm not saying that the HAVE to or SHOULD follow the books , I was just saying it would be nice if those units were in there!! I don't want his to turn into another argument like the on where WW said the game was 200 years before the film and some guy was complaining that it was actually 1 year!! I mean big deal!!! I don't really care as long as it's a good game.

Anyway, so does anyone know if you have control of subhouse units etc. etc...... (see earlier post)

So you can build as many units as you like then??? The annoying thing about Dune II was you only got a limited number of Fremen/Sardukar units, and even then they weren't any stronger than your regular infantry!!! This will be a great improvement to the game!!

Shaddam_Corrino, I did the read the topic carefully, you just didn't read what I wrote. What I said was that WW had said the game was set 200 years before the film, and this other guy was saying that they'd got it wrong and set it 1 year before the film (199 years out!!)

Peace, Out.

You guys really want Face-dancer and Ghola units? E:BFD is a RTS don't you think they would be better suited for the Dune Generations RPG. The Face-dancer units would make it very confusing for both sides how would you or your opponet be able tell which unit belongs to who's side? Gholas don't do anything special accept look like other people and have there abilities. I don't see the use for them in an RTS.

I just wondered why WW had introduced 2 units for the house that no-one has ever even heard of before!!! And they're not even any good!!!

The Face Dancer unit would cause problems, but hey it was a nice idea

Peace, out

Guest Mithrandir

I wouldn't say that they suck, Fedaykin! They are pretty bad, but think about the Contaminator! It takes a swipe at another infantry unit, and then it becomes a contaminator! But the leech sucks. It sticks to a unit, and slowly sucks the life out. I think it should take control of the unit kinda like a deviator, for a little while, and then it explodes. That would make it worth it to be allied with them.

But Mithrandir, no good commander is going to let contaminators get anywhere near his infantry is he??? They may be tough but no contaminator's gonna survive a direct bombardment of mortar shells are they???

Even if some do surive and the worst came to the worst, you could send a group of vehicles towards them to block their path and shoot the crap out of them, preventing them getting anywhere near your infantry.

Peace, out

Guest Halef
The Face-dancer units would make it very confusing for both sides how would you or your opponet be able tell which unit belongs to who's side?

That the same with IXian Projector when it duplicates enemy unit - nobody cares how to define is it your units or enemy