Internet registration issues

Ooryl

ok i looked through the forums and didnt find an answer to my problem which is, Ok i havent played dune 200 in a long time and i have redone my comp and i reinstalled the game and installed the patch and it works but... when i go to play on the net it says i need to download an update and register to play... i hit ok and it minimizes dune and shows the little box up in the top left corner saying i need to download the update... i hit yes and the box closes and nothing happens... i would rely like some help so i could get back and play... thnx for any help

Hi Ooryl

The westwood updater sometimes doesnt work, It doesnt work for me either, go to westwoods website (now EA) and download the patch from there, make sure you download the correct one for your country, then go straight here

http://renchat2.westwood.com/cgi-bin/cgiclient?live_ren_register&request=expand_template&Template=newreg_menu.html

and register a new nic name, when you open dune2k and klick multiplayer it takes between 20 to 30 seconds to connect, so be patient.

Shy  ::)

P.S. take a look and the dune2k board, on internet connection, for other help.

sry for being a problem child well teen... anyway so i go and register a nickname and it says i will resive a messege in a couple of minutes... well go figure that was a couple hours abo and guess what still no messege, i also hit the i forgote name and pass thing and guess what.. you got it still no messege.... PLZ PLZ PLZ (thrid times the charm)have a little patience and dont say sry no time or dont know cause it used to work, btw on my dad's comp a while ago it worked on line it was also running xp and at that time my comp was running 2000 and it worked and now my comp is running xp and it go figure doesnt work.....

anyway so i go and register a nickname and it says i will resive a messege in a couple of minutes...

Hi Ooryl

You can wait all week and you wont recieve a message from westwood, I've been waiting three years for mine, and its still not arrived, once you have registered your nic, which you have, it will work, theres no need to wait for westwood to e-mail you , cos they never will.

Shy  ::)

Oh well i thought i had already installed that i had downlaoded it and in game it said it was 1.06 and i thought there was a diff one from westwood my bad, so i installed it again properly this time but... you guessed it another prob  ;D bet you love me now, ok i installed it correctly and i connected and it said that my connection to westwood failed check my ISP connection, any thoughts?

k that might explain my new problem  ;D dont you love me now? :O ::) when i tried to log on it got to the connection screen and promtly froze, huh. maby tomarro it will work and i can stop giving you something to work on :P

:( :- :'( nope.... unless the server is still down and in that case i'll try next week or later this week. but if it is up have any ideas on why its freezing up??

oh and P.S. thnx for all your help any ways if i unfortunatly cant get to play online i was so looking forward to playing you if i ever saw you.  :'( :'( :'(