dune2k on lap top XP geforce vid card

Nerdyy

i did set it to 800X600 ! i have it at 60hrtz.. umm i have that geforce vid card.. i play dune on my desktop and have no problems. i just dont know what to do. i have XP. i hear Xp is suppose to make that vid card work. but it doesnt seem to be working obviously. i dont know what else to do.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I have the same Dune2000 split-screen problem I have seen numerous times on this forum, and nobody seems to have an answer. I have tried everything suggested in this forum: I have all the latest drivers and updates for every device in my system, windows xp, and directx; I have tried every resolution, color, and compatibility setting; I have reinstalled Dune2000 three times. This is the first time I have tried to play Dun2000 in years, and it used to run fine on my old desktop. Now I have a laptop with nvidia's geforce 440 go video processor, and I am guessing that is the problem. I have attached my dxdiag.txt file. PLEASE help if you can, I am dying to get my Dune2000 fix![attachment archived by Gobalopper]

By God I've done it! Nerdyy, if you're still trying to figure this out, try this:

Right click dune2000.exe

Click properties

Click the Compatibility tab

choose ALL the compatibility options, and "Run in Windows 95 mode"

Click ok

Click Start -> run

type cmd

navigate to your dune2000 directory (requires a bit of dos navigation knowledge)

type: dune2000.exe -g

Go to the video options on the main screen, and choose 8-bit graphics

Click ok, and start a new game

All the screens will still be split, EXCEPT the all-important gameplay screen! YESSS!

Good luck! :) ;) :D ;D

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...