Beheading of Berg

Discrimination and enviromentalism are global. And I don't think Berg was discriminated against because of being what he was, I think he was chosen because it would make the correct statement.

Besides, what is this, question Dust Scout time?

Discrimination and enviromentalism are global. And I don't think Berg was discriminated against because of being what he was, I think he was chosen because it would make the correct statement.

Besides, what is this, question Dust Scout time?

heheĀ  just bored... thats was all .. move along.. nothing to see here.

First off, I don't think there was outright murder in American prisons. Abuse and humiliation, yes. Murder, there has not been any proof as of yet.

Second off, abuse is in no way any justification for the killing of any number of individuals.

Third off, the killing of any number of individuals in a purposefully painful way (saw, saw, saw, saw...) while intentionally having him scream to 1) humiliate him, and to 2) frighten other Americans, is inexcusable.

Fourth off, while the majority of Iraqis are good people and deserve both freedom of choice and freedom from fear, the individuals who have committed these acts of checked out of the human race. May God have mercy on their souls.

The point of prisons isn't to punish people (or at least it shouldn't be), it's to stop them doing it again.

Why? what they did was just a single murder, why should they be punished, or kept from doing it again?

Didn't I just say they shouldn't be punished by prison? It's not like it works anyway... And if they do it again it might be worse (i.e. damage enviroment, be racially motivated).

Why? what they did was just a single murder, why should they be punished, or kept from doing it again?

Although I don't get sick from watching this clip, I am completely against that kind of behaviour. You must not think that just because we say this murder drowns in the mass we don't want law breakers to get punishment.

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic.

It applies everywhere.

The big picture is different from that. The big picture is: How many cultures destroyed: 0

How many planets wiped out: 0

How many enviroments destroyed: 0

How many deaths: 1

Not that big a deal.

Although I don't get sick from watching this clip, I am completely against that kind of behaviour. You must not think that just because we say this murder drowns in the mass we don't want law breakers to get punishment.

Help out here guys...

What exactly are you trying to say? That death should shock or horrify us? It happens all the time. If we were shocked and horrified at every death in the world we'd spend our lives sobbing. Same goes for pain.

nampigai, there is something you have to understand.

To accept that people die is not the same as not caring...

I accept that loads of people get murdered, and I hope each murderer gets what he deserve.

thank Dustscout for clearing that out.

we should do absolutely nothing, we are used to it and like to other people suffer, we've come a long way.

On the contrary, we've gotten worse. What other animal has wars, destroys it's enviroment, has warheads and nuclear weapons, fights over things so petty as religion? The human race is possibly the worst thing that has ever happened to this planet. This is reality. I accept it.

Dust, you say that humanity is perhaps the worst thing that ever happened to this planet. I do not know if you are right or wrong about that, but I do know that you do not seem to be in any hurry to do anything about it. In fact, it almost seems as if you would rather have us be the most terrible creature in the universe, despite your amorality, just so that your views would be oh-so correct. This issue here is the way an innocent human being who wanted to make other human beings lives better was murdered. His death is lamentable, because he sought to make the lives of others better. You, apparently, have no such goal. Perhaps I am wrong. I do not think so, however.

I have no goals to help the human race because I think it is beyond help. Anyone who disagrees is welcome to try and prove me wrong, but either way I come out successful. Humans may or may not be the most terrible creatures in the universe (this planet is another matter) but we're certainly not very nice. And I don't do anything about that because I can't. Why fight something that cannot be beaten?