Now when the map editor is out...

yossi17

No that (almost) everyone will be able to create his own maps, shouldn't Westwood include a feature in their next patch that will give the option to download a map from the host if you don't have it? I mean, if you're the host, there is not many chances that the one you will want to play with will have a map that did not officially came with the game...

Why wouldn't Westwood do such a thing? explain please...

I can't remember the exact reason but it had something to do with not having control over what people downloaded from each  other.

Not sure if that is just an excuse for not wanting to program a map sending program into the game, it sorta sounds like that to me since other WW games have allowed map sending to other players...

It sounds like a good idea... With maps like Red Alert where the largest map was still under 100k... Emperor maps when they aren't zipped are 9 meg.

No dialup user is going to sit and wait 45 minutes for a game to begin.

I doubt Cablers would be too happy either waiting the same amount of time to receive a map off a dialup user.

For lan games though it certainly is a good idea. :O

I  agree with sniper cause who want to wait around forever just to get a map. In the next patch i think they should make  a veterancy level 4 that would be fun to see. For the fourth level the slow units should get more speed, and the fast units better fire power. The only thing westwood needs for their awsome game is to work on the editor (slowly making it better for the public). Or they should give out the source or whatever so that someone who is good at making buttons and mods (i.e. "riper") can make the map editor better for the whole community. Whoever does that will be famous in the community. I'm sure alot of people will try to make the map editor better ,with the source of course.

Give it buttons? Are you mad?

You can't clutter an editor with crap like graphics, fancy buttons, pretty menues and worthess garbage. All professional software avoids this (except Metacreations, a perfect example of how NOT to make an interface).

3DS Max, Maya, Softimage, Lightwave.. No fancy buttons, just straight to the point. As an editor should be, the more effeciency the better. Learning is irrelevant, if you aren't smart enough to learn it, chances are you aren't smart enough to make a decent map anyway.  :P