Sound bugs with air units!

yossi17

When you have a lot of air units together in one place (no matter if u are Atreides or Hark) there is a very annoying crash sound that repeats itself all the time. If you play for a long time, this is really disturbing and putting out the fun of the game and the fun of using air units.

Does someone know why is this happening or if there's a fix for this bug?

Yup, the problem is youve got a cheap sound card, or an incompatible one. Ive got no problems with it. Though ALWAYS, in the upper right corner of the map, you hear sounds of Gunships even if there's nothing there. Bug in Emperor?

Riper

What gunships are you talking about?? This sound is terrible, and as the number of the air units grow, the annoying explosion sound gets greater. I mean it's not greater, it just repeats itself more and more often (like every second).

Oh and by the way, I have Sound Blaster Live 5.1 card, so I don't think the problem is the sound card.... ;)

So what could be this problem? I think it's a bug... there shouldn't be so much noise all the time, especially when the air units have already landed!

What?? You mean it's really a problem in my sound card?! Damn! And all this time I was wondering why weren't there people who had talked about it!

So you are serious? No support for Sound Blaster Live? That's a big mistake made by Westwood. I mean, I really like their games, I bought many of them, but this was not a very smart move...  :-[ >:(

so you guys don't know if they will fix it somewhere in the future?

• 2 weeks later...