Bin Ladin: the whole picture

May I doubt Ladin's existence in the way he is said to exist? He's only one of numerous little terror princes right now, but the only one that succeeded that well (9/11). For the future, he's only one out of a whole phenomenon. This whole thing is going to have quite an impact on public image and so on, but it wont change the whole picture that much. I still consider that W.Bush terrorized and killed more civilians than Ladin. The whole thing about Ladin is that he did what he did all in ONE shot, making it very shocking on someone's mind and making many afraid that terror could pass from daily few kills to weekly hundred/thousand kills.

Especially considering states like Saudi Arabia (oh, isn't that where Bin Laden is from?) which support terrorism, have many weapons of mass destruction, torture and abuse the population, have one of the worst human rights records in the world, etc, etc, etc...

Tackling the "root causes of terrorism" sadly seems to ignore terrorists who sell oil to America at good prices.  Talk about a conflict of interests.  And as for "supporting terrorism", I reckon that BUYING said oil is just that.  It's the sheer hypocricy of it all that gets me.

What would arab states do when America stops buyig from them? Probably complain that we stopped buying from them. Cant wait until we become self energy sufficent. Then we wont have to listen to them.

(Gas and petroleum products are increasing in prices a lot right now, shortage of supply.)

ok, I get you.

They say there is a shortage of supply, but really they are just not gonna produce as much because they get more $$$ out of it.

All the while making us poorer and them richer.

Wait! the U.S. is investing more money overseas than in the U.S., therefore the money we spend on gas is actually coming back to the U.S. ;D

in 1996 the u.s. flew representatives from the taliban to texas (where george bush was then senator) where they discussed an oil pipe going through afganistan to pakisan , pumping oil from the caspian sea (some say its the 3rd largest oil supply) to ports in pakistan. The taliban refused. hmm seems a bit dodgy to me. Also before the iraq war no 2 iraq started trading oil in euros instead of dollars and they were being quite sucessfull too, strange how the u.k. and u.s. back the dollar where as the countries that opposed the war trade in euros.