Awakenings: Lynch's Dune or the Miniseries?

TMA_1

I just watched the miniseries, and there is one part that I absolutely love in it. It is when paul is awakened from the water of life. In the miniseries, it is almost like he is a new creature, he even has to be told what happened to him. THe best part is when they tell him and he says "oh yes" with this elated smile. YOu can feel the waking up into a new state of consciousness. Even when he is talking to his mother, I thought that the movie explained him very well.

I like it better than the original Dune movie. I thought that the gathering worms was a little silly, and it was all too cliche.

what do you guys think?

A lot of people give Newman flak, but his Muad'dib is absolutly perfect.  In all the miniseries.

I don't like his Paul, but that was Harrisons decision, not his.

Muad'dib as Newman portrays him is pretty much exactly how I pictured him reading the books.

The miniseries Water of Life scenes were a lot better than Lynch's; it really showed the loneliness of the experience was... in Lynch, it all happened with most of the sietch around him, but in the miniseries, he did seem to do it with heavy heart, prepared to die if it didn't work.

That said, it was still lacking just a tiny bit of gravitas... I can't quite place it - perhaps the damned lighting and backdrop again, but I don't think it was just that.

• 2 weeks later...

"if only ... CoD got rid of the sun"

Not having seen CoD, I wouldn't normally comment, but this sounds rather drastic, especially for a plot set on a (mostly) desert planet.

"Paul is GOD."

Uhh, I thought that was Leto. And Paul was a hell of a lot more godlike in Lynch's anyway (the rain at the end, for example, which FH criticised in Eye).