Yueh, an accidental hero?

TMA_1

Well, I doubt the Bene Gesserit would like to hear that Paul and Jessica are Training Fremen in B.G. ways. :P

There are a lot of variables and what if questions, and each difference would make an entirely different form of coming to an end. Eithor the atreides fall or take over the universe.

But if the Atreides told the Fremen that the harkonnens are going to take over the planet again, the Fremen may think "why not kill some harks".

Well, I doubt the Bene Gesserit would like to hear that Paul and Jessica are Training Fremen in B.G. ways. :P

But if the Atreides told the Fremen that the harkonnens are going to take over the planet again, the Fremen may think "why not kill some harks".

(Bangs head against wall) I never said they would they would train them, I said a similar concept... And yes, I think the Fremen would say the same thing also.

Maybe the Atreides would enact an alliance with IX that was formed in the House series ::), and thus they would stop making guid ships, causing the Guild to not support the Harkonnen and Corrino plots. ;)

Or maybe Paul would take the sandtrout and become a God Emperor. :)

Maybe the Atreides would enact an alliance with IX that was formed in the House series ::), and thus they would stop making guid ships, causing the Guild to not support the Harkonnen and Corrino plots. ;)

Or maybe Paul would take the sandtrout and become a God Emperor. :)

Not even going to actually address that one...

*Waits for TMA to post and sign on MSN*

first of all I have to disagree with you again vanguard, I think that the atreides would rahter go renegade than go back to their homeworld. They werent stupid enough to fly back home, since most of their military was already posted on arrakis. In the end they would have stayed on arrakis, and would have tried to find some way to save themselves there if yueh hadent of betrayed the atreides.

I am not trying to pin anything on ya silly. I am simply saying that there is no way there would be enough time for the Duke to convince and train a fremen military outfit. I used an example of paul because it was proving the lesser with the greater.

If paul, who fulfilled the most important fremen prophesies, could not convince all the naibs, and took years to finally make a large enough standing army, then what makes you think that Duke Leto would have enough time to do the same as a politician, which are very suspect to the fremen?

• 2 weeks later...

The atreides werent doomed. If Yueh hadnt betrayed them, they would have been able to rally the Fremen and kick some serious butt. I mean, the Fremen killed a whole bunch of Sardaukar, and only lost four (count em, only four) men. Thats just amazing.

When is this losing only four men take place? (location?)

I think the Sardaukar could have taken the Atreides and Fremen eventually. Sardaukar take over two cities adn send in reinforcements over time. Some fremen from the deep desert would be reluctant to help the Atriedes, and to go to a city.

Although maybe the Atrides could persuade the Fremen that there would be a lot of water they could get from the Sardaukar soldiers. ;)