Freelancer

Inoculator9

Well, first off, I'm hanging around in the Corsair's system (Omicron Gamma) pulling big 100,000 jobs ;) I'm aiming for a Titan, and I'll have one soon. The big bonus for me is I salvaged some GUARDIAN turrets from a wreck, so It'll be well armed :)

And I plan to make another Corsair system, similar to Omicron Gamma, but with a water world surrounded by an ice field.

You know what makes big profit?

Go to Planet New Berlin, buy a Freighter, try to arm it as well as can for a Freighter (argh, I hate their fighting capabilities) and load it with Diamonds (full cargo costs 100,000). Now go to the nearby Sigma-13 jump-hole (you used it in a story-mission) and jump. Watch out for those Red Hessians. After the jump, make it for Planet New Tokyo, once you have unloaded (with a full cargo) you have made 300,000 in profit

If you want to do it more times, go back to Planet New Berlin, and take some Optical Chips with you, they are good for a profit of 80,000

And if you are in the Omicron Gamma system, try searching for more jumpholes. I promise there will be a nice thing to find :)

Ok, you've asked for the spoiler:

The jump-hole from Omicron Gamma is in a radioactive cloud. In section F2. You can see all kind of wrecks in that cloud. And if you get near the jump-hole, then you will be surprised on what you encounter :)

And the Tripoli Shipyard is in section 6D of that system.

If you want the full list of jump-holes, wrecks, and bases then you should check out this great faq: (The Jump Holes/Bases/Commodities one)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/game/27335.html

And btw, I think that the Border Worlds Sabre is better then the Corsairs Titan.

Ok if you really want to know:

[hide]There is a big radioactive cloud (it warns you, but you won't get damaga until you are very close to the the jumphole. There you will also get a "sensor effiency reduced" warning) Go to section F2, you will notice that alot of wrecks will appear in your Nav Map, most wrecks are empty, but some of them have valuable items. When you get close, then you will see an "Unkown Jumphole" appear on your Nav Map, go to there, and jump.

You will now go to a secret system, if you get there, your are inmediatily under attack by 4 Nomad (!) Fighters, they are very well armed, but they don't have so much armor, because they still don't have shields. Destroy them, and maybe one of them has dropped a weapon which you can beam in. You will discover that you beamed a Nomad weapon in, which does as much damage as a level 10 weapon, but this one has a power usage of 0 !

When you have destroyed the Nomads, you will have time to explore the system, you will notice strange objects, and a normal sun, and a very distant sun. the last one is located in a very strange tunnel. Gives the idea of a wormhole. If you have the time and patience to fly all that way to that sun, you will get a "sun corona" error when getting close, but nothing else happens, you can just bounch off that sun!

Furthermore there are 2 planets in that system, which are really funny once you have landed there. Just look at all the inhabitants.

You will encounter 4 Nomads Ships patrols from time to time, you will also encounter them close to the jumphole in the Omicron Gamma system, and they always attack you when you just came out of the jumphole (doesn't matter which side)

Keep fighting them until you have 4 of their weapons (they are level 10, so you'll need a Very Heavy Fighter to mount them) and add 2 level 9 weapons to them, and a level 9 turret, and if you find a level 10 shield somewhere at a distant base somewhere, then you have the ultimate ship!

There is another secret system, which has also Nomads, and the Jump Hole is in Omicron Alpha, yes the Outcast home system. Check that one out too![/hide]

Caid Ivik, don't you mean Sigma-13, the system with the big gas cloud, where the Rheinland Fleet was defeated by the GMG?

Thanks Timenn, I can't wait to do as you outlined. And yeah Caid, as I've recently discovered, the DIAMONDBACK is not only the best looking gun, but the most affective so far ;)

And Timenn, hate to ask, but where's the JH in the OA system? ;) I'm such a colossal bore :P

If you want the full list of jump-holes, wrecks, and bases then you should check out this great faq: (The Jump Holes/Bases/Commodities one)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/game/27335.html

It's section F4, again in a radioactive cloud.

btw, ever tried bouncing against a sun? Don't take the suns in the big solar systems, because the corona will destroy you before you reach the sun itself. But use the one in the Omicron Alpha for example, you can get to 7k distance before you get into the corona, and when in range of 5k, you'll get damage. Use your nanobots, but you can make it to the sun itself :)

I keep thinking I see the white outline of the selection box you get when loot appears, but it always disappears. I'm going to the second secret system to try it out there anyway.

And, I had a question regarding the Freelancer Mod Manager... how do I get the newest version of the Evolutions Mod working with it?

Any luck yet, Inoc?

Yeah, the neutron star is cool. The first time I came into that system, I say "Unknown Planet" and I didn't see a sun, so I went to that planet, maybe that it was some sort of roque planet. But I noticed that the radiation increased, when I got closer, and when I got close enough I saw "Neutron Star" and I made a quick turn back...

I still think they should have kept system Omega-13 with the black hole in the game. (You can see a few traces of it, like a black-hole which isn't used, and some files which refer to Omega-13.

No luck with the  Nomad guns, but modding is going well. I've added the Kusari Gunboat, but I've hit a snag with the Bretonian equivalent. I'm muddling my way to success though ;)

And I'm making a mod: Gunboat Mod & Innoculation Patch

:) Mostly just gunboat additions and some tweaks that I think needed to be made ;) Nothing impressive, but it makes me credible, lol ;D

Really weird on why it doesn't work with you with the Nomad Guns. I can show a video on that it is really possible, and on how cool they are...

Maybe if you can Inoc and Caid, we could play online sometime, would be fun :)

I sure want to play your mod Inoc when it has been finished.

Caid, what went wrong? Didn't the gravity work as it should work as Einstein says?