Ordos campaign mission question.

alexholker

Ok, in the Ordos campaign, you are attacked from the far-right Harkonnen border. The mission involves a Sardaukar patrol that has been cut off by the Tleilaxu. I have finished this twice, after finding what I thought was the patrol, but after the mission the Mentat calls it a lost opportunity, or something similar. Is this supposed to happen? And if not, where is the real patrol?

Alex

P.S. I will find the exact wording if it would be of any benefit.

You must send a unit to meet the sardaukar team. They will talk to you and then ally up. You need to assist them in attacking the enemy. If you are succesful and defeat the enemy and they dont all die than you will have gained an allience with the Sardaukar.

If you can build and train Sardaukar structures and units in missions later on, just ignore what the mentat said. The "missed approtunity" BS she and all the other mentats give you is a notion of weather the subhouse will ally with you or not. If they did, then the game has a bug of some sort, if they didnt, then you somehow didnt complete the objective of that mission.