game freeze when you open options

random173

installed emperor after about a year of no playing... (where it worked fine)

tried to install now, nothing seems to be different except updated forceware(detonator) drivers and updated directx...

the game itself will load, but reallyr eally really wanna change resolution adn graphics options.. but when ever i do, it loads the bg, does the pan down thing, then freezes before youc an see the options available.. only way to fix it is to restart pc.. does it EVERY time...

yea... done that...

i just happened to install it while i was waiting for things to download ( getting ready for a reformat) and it did the exact same thing, i thought it was just coz xp was all kinda messed up, but after a reformat, install drivers, it's just the same

using 52.16 forceware drivers... [attachment deleted by Gobalopper]

yea, tried them... Nyarlathotep mentioned them, they dont seem to make any difference... installed latest hyperion drivers also...

i'm thinking maybe it's a corrupt file on the cd?

jst like to thank you now :) for ur help n stuff...

jst finished the atreides missions... so maybe i'll finish the game before it gets fixed ;) so it can go back on the shelf for a while :P

• 2 weeks later...