OMG...LOL...Read this...

Avrillian_Sard01

I've just completed Battle for Middle-Earth, Good Campaign.  I can see what everybody means about the lack of strategy and how your armies kick ass after a couple of battles... but I still don't see the trouble here.

When, in Lord of the Rings, was there ever strategy?  The only planning I recall was the meeting at Rivendell.  The forces of good were always on the run and moving about, never knowing what was happening next until it actually happened.  And as for the forces of evil... well, they're orcs.  They're a hoarde, they're meant to be disorganised and rush about and kill.  All in all, I think the game simulates the feel of LOTR to a T.

What pisses me off, however, is the total ignoring of the plot. :D You can save Boromir, for a start.  Gandalf does not fall in Moria, he kills the Balrog and trots on, magically becoming Gandalf the White next mission.  Osgiliath did not fall, yet Minas Tirith was still besieged.  Grr...

But the gameplay was still fantastic.  At the end, my Rohan army consisted of nothing but Rohirrim Warriors who trampled nearly everything bar trolls, siege weapons, wargs and buildings, and my Gondor army was nothing but Gondor Rangers with Fire Arrows.  You cannot imagine how much fun it is to line the walls of a Gondor Castle or Minas Tirith with 300 command points worth of fiery ranged death. :D

Apart from the plot, I have nothing bad to say about this game.  You conquer Middle-Earth (for good or evil) and you have fun destroying tons of orcs or men.  It's great. ;D