Gateway to Paradise

1 Screenshot

About This File

Goal: A very high resource map. None of the countries like each other.

Author's Comments: This map is a stand-alone scenario. I designed it originally with only the portion labeled Paradise as a way to teach myself how to manage high volumes of traffic. This map was made on a Pentium II PC with RTII, TSC as the game program. If you are concerned with your computers ability to handle the event load, then you may wish to try Paradise Light which is less computationally intensive.

There are a variety of fictional territories on the map. The terrain is fairly gentle and rolling. The challenge comes from the events. None of the territories really care to be connected to each other. Of course, that is what it takes to win. You will have to build at least two spanning bridges. Access to Paradise is not allowed until ten years after the start of the game.

The technique I have used to win the game is as follows. The human player starts a new company for each territory. When he or she finishes with a territory, the player sets the company to maximum dividends. All of the companies after the first are wholly human owned. When all of the territories are filled and connected, start merging the companies together. There are other ways to win.

Jerry Meyer was of great help in designing this map.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.