The latest version of the fix is 1.02b, and it includes the following changes:
- a smarter and more powerful AI that forms teams of vehicles that it sends against you, instead of single units;
- you can now buy ornithopters via the Starport in the last two missions - this feature was also missing due to a syntax error;
- some scenarios that had a unit limit lower than 25 were fixed;
- the scenario files have been optimized by removing extra blank and obsolete strings.
The advanced version has all the features of the normal fix, plus:
- the player's max unit cap has been raised to 50;
- in missions where Starport is available, the number of each unit-type in stock at CHOAM has been doubled;
- the computer players' max unit cap has been raised to 35;
- the amount of credits given to the computer players at the start of each mission has been significantly increased to give the AI an advantage over the player.
The fix is theoretically compatible with all existing versions of Dune 2.