(Release) Dune 2000 LAN Patcher

Gruntlord6

Hey everyone, decided to do a small release. This is the LAN patch that was posted on this forum a while ago, but with several small improvements. First off, the patching process is entirely automated. The patching program will copy the required files to your game directory, and apply the relevant registry entries. The program will also remove these files and entries when the uninstaller is run. The installer is also much smaller then the original patch, as I have stripped out files that are already present in the Gruntmods edition of the game and are thus useless to include.

This patch requires the Gruntmods Edition of the game to function, as it does not include files already in that version. It will check your computer for the game before installing and apply the patch to that directory without you needing to input any information.

Download: Click Here

The program should run on all windows vista/7/8 computers, and has the options for 32 and 64 bit systems.

From what I gather, this is the source of the original patch, but its hard to say for certain as the version I have acquired included the registry entries the game needs to run LAN properly (along with several files unrelated to the actual patch).

• Upvote 1

Thanks. No my usual rumbling: I hate programs writing into the registry, besides it doesn't fit well with a standalone or portable version of Dune2000.

There is a good reason, as the portable version doesn't use registry keys (what version is everyone using? is it the version I made years ago?). As for the stand alone, I can't really support it considering all the versions running around. You need the registry edits or the LAN button will not appear.

• Upvote 2

not everyone wants to use gruntmod edition, most online players use portable version i have on my FTP with 1 added map and 1 edited map

They can continue using the version they have. I already stated the reason it only supports the Gruntmods Edition above. I made this for people who play the Gruntmods Edition and want an easy way to play LAN.