How does Spice look like?

Fishbone

I am currently working on a total conversion of Battlezone2 into a Dune game. I want to add a few goodies to the storyline and need information about the Spice.

How is it described in the book?

How in different games?

Is there any technical information (Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Engineering) available about Spice and how it is refined (if it is at all?)?

Any info is very much appreciated.

How is it described in the book?

It is described as having a cinnamon type smell to it.

How in different games?

In the games it was put as redish to orangish color and did have spice blows.

Is there any technical information (Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Engineering) available about Spice and how it is refined (if it is at all?)?

I only heard and I'm still not sure but the color of it was said to be green and after they dryed it and powdered it, it became brown.

It changes color through the various chemical reactions it goes through. It starts as the sandtrout begin to mingle for a sort of reproduction, they form a ball and the waste of the sandtrout focuses in the center. the sandtrout form a sort of air tight bubble so as the waste deposits grow, the greater the compression is grown in the center. finally it becomes so pressurized that it explodes and the sandtrout are violently dispersed, most of them killed. Some though survive and go through a meta-morphosis from the accumulated spice essense they took in. they turn into worms if they survive. The remaining deposits stay under the sand until the pressure is unleashed by the opening or near opening of the sands above it, this is the pre spice mass, and when it is unleashed it explodes and sprinkles down on the sand to be sun dried and viola, you have spice.

anyways.lol through those stages it changes various colors. The essense is either a blue or a thick pale brownish color. That much I can discern. When it is blown up to the surface it is sun dried and then turns orange in color.

I have a picture I made that shows the stages of the spice, Ill see if I can find it.

thanks for all the replies. and my appologies that some of my questions have already been asked before. (thanks for the links to the relevant topics!)

TMA: I would love to see your take on the different stages of Spice. It would mean a lot to me if you could pull up the picture with the stages of Spice.

EDIT for typos

found it! its kinda crappy figuring it was done in paint.lol oh well it does the job, I am doing one taht is going to be even better. it wont be in paint thank goodness and it will be much more indepth. till then this is the pic.[attachment archived by Gobalopper]