Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II

DukeLeto

I know it's an old game, but I've seen some people mention it...does anyone still play (online)? What do you all think of it?

(PS: I'm lowlymarine or Rahn's Avenger{rarely})

If you've never played it, why not? It's a great game, with relatively low system requirements, good (if a somewhat steep learning curve) single player, and surprisingly good graphics, IMO. And it's cheap nowadays, too. (About $10 at Wal-Mart.) The only major problem is that no more than 4 or 5 people can be in a game at one time. :-

Anyways, just look at this gorgeous screenshot (not much happening, but it showcases the weapons textures and the beautiful wall-lighting{or in this case, floor lighting}):[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

Another screensot. Again, not too much happening, although there is a rodian shooting at me from on high. This is where a sniper rifle would come in handy. (There's one in the expansion, too bad you never see more than two or three people online at atime with MOTS. :'() I chose this one because of the Tie Bomber. (YOu can't fly it, unfortunately, but you do get to shoot one down in a later level.)[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

well, yeah the game was extroadinary for it's time. Now though it's kinda old. Graphix cannot match with other fps games these days. 4 players in mplayer is indeed too few, i tried it a few times via internet, lagged pretty badly and wasn't too cool, especially the lightsaber duels were not challenging. I played it a lot via modem with my friend though. Me being darth vader (i had a darth vader skin) and him being kyle katarn.

singleplayer is pretty nice, especially the 7 dark jedi. I like ren and stimpy (you know, the little one and the big one, forgot their names, i thought something like, grom and grim :) ) and bocc was one pain in the ass with his dual lightsaber. jerec on the other hand was only strong and irritating, but sucked with his lightsaber.

I love MotS, too bad no one plays it online. I bought it way back when I was still using my old computer, and it would have run fine then, but my DX registry was messed up and I couldn't play online. :'(

The new guns in MotS are so cool. Boy does it p*ss people off to be frozen in Carbonite. ;D As for the force powers, I never used Push much, I always used Destruction for that purpose. >:D I like Force Far-Sight for the campaigns, that is so useful!

One cool thing about MotS is that there was full 3D-accelerator support, meaning even better graphics that Jedi Knight.

Here's a cool MotS screenshot. Rebels and Imperials killing each other. How typical. :D[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

I was playing online once against this person in the Bespin level (the one with the carbonite room). I used Force push to push my opponent into the carbonite chamber, then used Force pull to pull the switch, activating the jets, and freezing the guy. I then smashed him good. I was impressed by how well it turned out. Everything went perfectly. :)