Emperor Issues - Crashing After WW Symbol

GhostHunter

Okay yeah well, I think the name says it all, it just started up yesterday and I don't have any new programs installed and it's only Emperor. Heres my Dxdiag. Few things though, I have Norton but it's disabeled before gamestart, I don't have any other programs running in the background, and I guess that's it.

[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

ok, we won't blame Norton right away. . it worked with Norton installed this way before yesterday I presume ?

Could you delete all temp files [ IE history and such ] and all files in you temp dir.

Are other programms / games effected in any way or is it just Dune Emperor ?

there is a new version of GeForce driver out there .. not shure if it will help although it can't hurt I guess.

Try to lower your resolution and refresh rate before you run the game.

As a alternative to uninstalling Norton AV and reinstalling Dune Emperor, you could try do disable the entire Norton AV process [ in system processer located in the admmin's option of Windows, if you have no clue what I am refering to. Don't bother as locating and changing it can be a pain if you don't know what to do ] Then reboot and see if it works.

Din't look carefully the first time, there seems to be a problem with DirectX on your computer. Could you reinstall it. If you don't have it as a single file on you computer this link to Microsoft might help you.