Sardaukar Elite lazgun Sound

Jacen_Keldroma

Recently, I've been trying to create a swordmaster unit based off of the Sardaukar Elite in Emperor. Whenever I add the fremen fedaykin "FRADVFremenGun" to the template though, in game the firing occurs, but with the normal Sardaukar laster sound "ORLaser1".

This seems to be written into XBF file. The only way I've found to change it is to replace the ORLaser1 sound with the right sound, but then normal Sardaukar Elite and Ordos Laser Tanks use that sound in place of their normal one as well.

Can someone tell me how I might go about fixing or changing this?

Thanks.

gah... im sure there must be tutorials for this by now... anyway;

;dko <good>   This is being called for the laser tank as well as the IM Elite Sardukar 4/12/01

[orlaser1]

Sounds = LaserTankAttack

Volume=75

this is in emperor/data/SFX/ordos.txt.

you can either just edit this (and change the sard elite and the laser tank at the same time) or create a new section say...

;dko <good>   This is being called for the laser tank as well as the IM Elite Sardukar 4/12/01

[MYlaser1] <( notice same amount of letters)

Sounds = LaserTankAttack

Volume=75

then edit the XBF of your unit and find and replace the "orlaser1" with "MYlaser1" using a hexeditor and voila! Hope this helps somewhat.

Ahh, this is my first attempt at moding Emperor.

I did try this using the XBF beta converstion tool and a text editor to no avail. Even using MYlaser1, the exact same number of letters, the graphic came out all screwed up afterwards. I'm downloading a freeware hexeditor now, so hopefully that'll work, thanks.