Chronology of Lynch's Dune

TMA_1

*disclaimer* the chronology of this film is not accurate to the novel by frank herbert. its just an idea I got from the film.

Well I thought about something while watching the extended version of Dune by david lynch (alan smithee).

It says in the year 6041 the butlieran jihad roared throughout the galaxy.

it then said that after this two schools of learning came about. the guild and bene gesserit of course.

Then when shaddam the fourth talks to the navigator in the early part of the film, the navigator says that the spice has extended his life 4000 years.

now 6041 plus 4000 equals 10041 obviously.

now you have to give leeway between the times after the jihad and the beginning of the schools. Say about, 75 years for the schools to be fully established. That is a pretty conservitive amount of time given. it would probably be a bit longer. Now say that one of the members of the guild was 76 when he was chosen and induced with the spice essence

so in 6041, the jihad broke out, and 75 years after it, the schools were finally established, and one man was chosen who was at the age of 76. He lived for 4000 years.

this would then add up to 10192.

Could this navigator in the movie be actually the first navigator in history? that is within david lynch's film? I am obviously reading too much into it but I thought it was fun to think this stuff up.lol

I've never seen the AS movie, but I downloaded the prologue, and I actually thought the same thing as you.

Given the geriatric capabilities of the spice, I think it could very well be possible for a person who breathed the spice to live 4000 years. The navigator in the movie could very well have been one of the first. And maybe there are no "new" navigators. Perhaps all of the navs are that old, and become more skilled with every spice-laced breath they take.