Source for emprworm

"Now about the aid. What I'm saying is that they know it's so corrupted and they send the aid anyway. I'm not saying you personnally wouldn't aid Columbia, I'm talking about your government!"

all Aid gets corrupted, no matter where it goes. Food aid, clothing aid, financial aid, medical supplies....ALL AID gets tampered with. NO matter where in the world you send it, there will always be people who steal from it. But for every AID package you send...SOME of it goes to good use.

But because all Aid gets stolen from, that means we should no longer send Aid? We should be like your government then and send NOTHING?

oh yea, talk about evil.

oh and you never commented on the compliments that the human rights watch organization gave the US for its dealings with Colombia.

let me refresh your memory: http://www.hrw.org/press/2002/11/colombia112102.htm

Do nothing? Certainly not!!!

For now, giving money and weapons to Columbian gvt against drugs is about like giving money and weapons to Iraq gvt against terrorism, and thinking it will get to the people.

So what should be done: stop funding and sending weapons to the ones who bring terror in Columbia. To help people, you don't pass by the government if the government keeps the money for criminal deeds since you're then helping criminals before all.

It's exactly what they've done when it began to be known too much (see your source). What was wrong in this? They knew long before since they knew how many civilians were killed by the government: they moved only when it was already public and incriminating. When they stopped funding Columbian government, it had been a long time they already had the numbers on how many persons the government was killing.

And for Canadian gvt, I'm not concerned about what it does. Will you finally stop incriminating for what my damn gvt does? I do not hope for governments to move at my place. "If you don't get occupied about politics, politics will be occupied about you anyway." (citation I once heard...)

For now, giving money and weapons to Columbian gvt against drugs is about like giving money and weapons to Iraq gvt against terrorism, and thinking it will get to the people.

but that is not all we are doing. i don't think you really know what we are doing at all. we are training them, working with them, and along side them. yes there is corruption, but as that article states (which you have ignored 3 posts in a row), we are TRYING TO FIGHT CORRUPTION WHEN WE SEE IT.

let me refresh your memory yet again: http://www.hrw.org/press/2002/11/colombia112102.htm

Sorry, I read the article fast and didn't saw that part...

Well about corruption, I believe that Americans that are on the field may sometimesbe whistleblowers, but the gvt is sending money and else even when he knows it doesn't go to the right place. He knew that it was corrupted and still was sending money (he could see it by all the maniesters being killed and so on).

Besides, you constantly say "we are doing". I know the Americans themselves are not just doing crap, I'm really aiming only to those who are deciding. I also believe sometimes these deciders are obliged to stop helping when it comes to the public that something's wrong, but they were sending money, were training the military and so on even when they knew the population was repressed by gvt when it demanded some changes in gvt and so on. So why was the gvt supporting when the population was going against? In fact, I think they even supported more in this period because gvt needed more (if I ain't wrong, this is from Noam Chomsky, Year 501).

emprworm, could you simply answer about why the government was sending funds to Columbia's gvt when he knew it was massively repressing the population and the population was going against it, was saying it didn't wanted the gvt because it was corrupted with drug?