Foldspace

TMA_1

Though I know you are extremely well read in the Dune universe vanguard, I part ways with the warp-like engines that the prequels kinda point to as well as what you say. I go along with the fact that foldspace engines have been around for a long time before the BJ. That computers were used to travel through the vectors of space and to protect from large stellar objects. That after the BJ, the thinking computers were destroyed and that is where the navigators came in. An organic, legal way of guiding ships through foldspace. Also, Folding space is similar to warp/hyper/null drives. They all take a ship through an alternate dimension tha shrinks the distance of a destination, thereby making the ship go faster than the constant of the speed of light. What do you guys think? How about you Vanguard? I want to hear like the details. Good stuff. :)

I agree with you that the "warp" engines in the BJ trilogy are pretty dumb. Here's my take on things.

Essentially, I think they used a hyperdrive type system to move through interstellar space, and that the navigation machines controlling this hyperspace travel were the machines banned during the Jugad. Perhaps in years fairly "recent" to the Jihad, Holtzman's engines were used for true Foldspace. Again, they used these machines to guide them, much like (spoiler from Heretcs) [hide]the Ixians used after LetoII's death.[/hide]