MOH: AA Troubles, Need Help!

Alright, I installed Medal Of Honor: Allied Assualt awhile back and I played it online and its campaign a lot until I finally got back into Emperor and then Soldier of Fortune II, RTCW etc....

So anyways I wanted to play a game today and started it up, things were fine, went to first level played good, then I got greedy and cranked all the graphics up to max ;D. Anyways I started playing it and it ran fine and I loved the graphics, so anyways I was looking through controls and saw something I hadn't yanked up ( Shadows ) so I did and the game crashed and the famous error came up "Blank has caused a error, if you continue experiencing these problems you may want to restart" etc...

So I restarted and tried it and it froze when I set my skill level for the campaign, tried once more and it froze again. So I set everything back to default and now it still doesn't work ( Still freezes at skill setting before first level ) any ideas?

Only thing I can think thats changed since last time I played it was I upgraded my drivers and added new programs but it was running fine before I changed it! :'(

Have you checked the temperature of your video card? The game crashing in different spots sounds like a hardware problem to me and overheating is the usual culprit. Have you played other 3D games just after this game crashed and had other unexpected results? What kind of video card do you have? I have Medal of Honor and I must admit I never bothered turning all of the effects up to the max. The game looked pretty sweet right from the get go to me.