Dune I and Windows XP (also for W9X)

jubei

Currently i have both versions of Dune (the floppy and cd). Both crash in windows xp after i select destination in the orny. I'm using VDMSound to emulate music, voice and sound and everything is ok until that ornythopther error. This is error reported by others, including by the underdogs as you can see in text file included in the downloaded version from the underdogs "In Win98 this game loads/starts fine, however it consistantly crashes when trying to fly the orthicopter. I believe that this is because I don't have enough memory available. It is also possible that it just doesn't like Windows98."

There is a solution to this problem?

8) problem fixed.

i'll post here what i did to others with similar problems:

i used dosbox (http://dosbox.zophar.net). There was problems seting up the sound, so i decided to edit dune.bat until reaching success. i leave the content of the file to run with doxbox:

@echo off

C:

DNCDPRG AMR ADL SDB2225 EMS 386 SAF WRIC:DUNECD

As you can see, soundblaster for sound and adlib for music. They're configured to dobxbox settings. No problems with speed, sound, music. Btw, remember to delete the command REM from the dune.bat because doxbox doens't recognize this command.

cya

;D