Mistakes in Emperor script (?)

MegaPaw

***Spoilers in this thread***

Remember the thread a while back when we were talking about how the Lady Elara killed Fredrick Carino? Well in the Ordos ending when the ghola Carino is being crowned, the Mentat cheers and calls him Shadam the IV. Is that a mistake in the script?

Also when the Atreides are preparing to fight Duke Achilus equates the words "Bi La Haifa" with Long Live the Fighters, but bi la haifa does'nt mean that. Is that a mistake in the script?

"Bi La Kaifa" means something like: "Nothing more needs to be said" or "Amen". I mentioned something about that quite some time ago, but I really can't be bothered finding it again. "Ya Hya Chouhada" should mean "Long Live the Fighters", so yes that is an error in the script. Pretty funny when you know the meaning and hear the duke making a fool of himself. ;D

Shaddam the IV is not an error, because according to the Ordos storyline, the Ghola is supposed to be the original Shaddam the IV from Dune 2000 when the Lady Elara killed him with the Gob Jabbar (the little needle she poked into his neck when she was kissing him ;D). Frederick IV and Shaddam the IV mean the same person I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong). The story says that a 'campaign of propoganda will explain how Shaddam the IV fled and took asylum among the Ordos'. Therefore, the Ordos want everyone to believe that the Ghola is the original Shaddam the IV that was actually killed, (but not killed according to the Ordos). ::)

You are right Ixian mace, about bi la kaifa, it means: "Nothing further need be explained". As for Fredrick IV and Shaddam IV being one and the same, I am not sure about that.

It's actually quite embarassing to see the duke say what he said, I wonder how the movie makers let it slide ???. Michael Dorn also pronounces it Bi La Haifa... :-