Mapeditor questions

gasteren

Hi,

Two questions, I'd appreciate an answer:

??? 1) I placed a spice mound, but I don't know how to delete it. The manual explains how to delete a spice zone, but this technique doesn't work. If only I could move it, but that also won't work. Any ideas?

??? 2) What exactly is the meaning or importance of AI-zones? What does it tell the AI and how would I notice their effects in single skirmish?

Actually these are more than 2 questions, but hey, you seem like a bunch of nice guys.

Greetz, Eric ;)

Unfortunately, I'm still lost about how to delete spice mounds as well. That's why I always save the .dme file before I add new spice mounds. It also happens that if you delete spice zones you'll get some sort of an error immediately after, and then you have to load the file that was saved automatically after the error occured, but I've been able to tolerate that and work my way around it. Just be VERY careful how you place spice zones and spice mounds, otherwise it can be a real hassle trying to get rid of them.

As for the AI zones, these are areas that tell the AI where to defend. I usually place AI 'cliff' zones at or around the ramp areas, and I put AI 'valley' zones around areas of infantry rock on the sand, or other important choke points. Basically, place AI zones where you want the AI to defend areas.

I sort of expected this answer. So I started digging and found out that you can simply edit the .dme file with your favorite text editor.

First jot down the coordinates of the spice mound, just put your cursor over it in the mapeditor. Then open your project's .dme file and search for SPICEMOUND. Simply delete the line with your coordinates. Save in the text editor and open again in mapeditor. The spice mound is gone. :D

By the way, spice zones can easily be deleted with the mapeditor. It's in the manual. Just select and click the Delete key.

Eric