Dune Generations Forum Updates

garth

Here's some more interesting information from the developers of Dune Generations on their official design team board:

"yes they(children) will die after 4-5 month real time. So children are important"

Will there be a special screen where you and your enemy take over your cahracters and duel, or will the winner be determined by the computer?

"Yes, you choose how you will fight and after the computer checks if you re hit or not"

"you could claim it (Kanly) on every system!"

"to make money, you could trade, make missions, resolve random events, manage your ressources, having vassals...

and when you begin the game you have an army"

"soon the website will be updated"

In response to a question (Phillipe uses the word "demand", but it was just a question) by FED2k's own Mahdi about whether or not Cryonetworks would interact more with the various fansites of the Dune community like Westwood did with Emperor: Battle for Dune:

"thanks a lot that's very kind of you :)

i'll do my best to transmit the demand to my bosses (i'm just Game Designer, so...)"

"you can hire Bashar and master of arms (swordmasters in english ?)

you can not send for now people of your family to Guinaz or Bg

hand to hand combattants are excellent for duels

strategists are excellent for leading troops in the battlefields"

This answer is in regards to whether a family within the Imperium can initiate in secret deals with renegade Houses:

"yes but warning : you MUST NOT be caught"

To briefly summarize some other posts made, Phillipe Baude says that the Bene Gesserit will approach the player with missions and deals first, and that there will be a downside to dealing with the Tleilaxu: your "gen skills" will be on the information market.