Dune2 windows based editor

GentlemanGus

check on this post

there is a big list of tools, so it has to be at least one. I have one on my computer but I cannot remember where I got it. I know the exe is "bgafc_de" but no idea of the name of the editor (unless is called like that).

It looks like this, opening mission 10 from The Atreides campaign.

image.png.c525922d05022cc3fa9c658d4fb4e967.png

It allow for both PC and Amiga, although it is not too visual and you have to put the mouse to check which structure or unit is available. Another way to edit the map is using dune legacy editor, you can load the .ini files from the game (or generate one with a seed) and then save is as an .ini to apply into your msdos dune 2 game.

I never did many custom missions (I used once a even more rudentary tool and I had many issues with the unit/structures limits of the game), so maybe there is something much better than the two I refer.

On 2/21/2024 at 5:43 PM, Cm_blast said:

check on this post

there is a big list of tools, so it has to be at least one

Actually, no, I've not listed any save game editors for Dune II there. What you've mentioned is a scenario editor that allows you to modify or create scenarios, not alter saved games that are in progress. I believe that there might have been some rudimentary DOS-based save game editors that would allow to do cheaty things like add credits or some such, but I never bothered to list them, because they are not really useful for game modding.

That is, if I got it right what the OP is asking for.

On 2/21/2024 at 8:43 AM, Cm_blast said:

check on this post

there is a big list of tools, so it has to be at least one. I have one on my computer but I cannot remember where I got it. I know the exe is "bgafc_de" but no idea of the name of the editor (unless is called like that).

It looks like this, opening mission 10 from The Atreides campaign.

image.png.c525922d05022cc3fa9c658d4fb4e967.png

It allow for both PC and Amiga, although it is not too visual and you have to put the mouse to check which structure or unit is available. Another way to edit the map is using dune legacy editor, you can load the .ini files from the game (or generate one with a seed) and then save is as an .ini to apply into your msdos dune 2 game.

I never did many custom missions (I used once a even more rudentary tool and I had many issues with the unit/structures limits of the game), so maybe there is something much better than the two I refer.

How do I download this windows app?