Windows 11 problem.

MattBaker

Hi guys,

Long time no talk! 

I have been away from D2k for more than 2 years! Now I am a 16 months' boy's father :D . When he takes the mid nap I have time to play a little bit. But I cannot get D2k work on my new laptop with Windows 11. I tried the compatibility and troubleshoot program, but it still does not work. It just gives me black screen anyways. Anyone knows what to do? Thanks!

On 12/26/2023 at 8:19 PM, MattBaker said:

Hi guys,

Long time no talk! 

I have been away from D2k for more than 2 years! Now I am a 16 months' boy's father :D . When he takes the mid nap I have time to play a little bit. But I cannot get D2k work on my new laptop with Windows 11. I tried the compatibility and troubleshoot program, but it still does not work. It just gives me black screen anyways. Anyone knows what to do? Thanks!

Congrats for the kid!

Cannot help you, Kipp said the game worked fine to him on win 11.

What version did you tried? gruntmods or dunemaster? If one didn't work, try with the other. Usually dunemaster is the only one that is updated from time to time. Otherwise just checking all the options on the config and prey that at least with some of them end working.

meanwhile, just telling you that we have been reache new highs with the new editor tools. Anytime you have the time (and if the game works for you at any point) to try Fey's summers, considered the best custom campaign ever made and yes, this time the campaign is actually finished, no more work is done on that one. It has lots of new units and plenty of cool mechanics; so if you manage to make it work go tried that one.