Glory Awaits Atreides A9v1 and A6v1, any hints or guide?

Lightof7ustice

Editted: Ok I finish this A9v1 one, only in normal though, need to build turrets early on. And currently stuck at another one is A6v1 "All your base are belong to us", with the following description. has anyone passed this one?

spacer.png

dune2000-2022-07-20-23_05_48.thumb.png.ca8e3ea74442eed66f176a1267f41fd3.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, I'm trying out the glory awaits missions AT part and I quite like it. However the second last mission "The Decisive Contest" is a bit hard for me, as I'm fighting 2v4 (or 3.5) but the ally almost doesn't rebuild the turrets or other buildings and I'm not that good at unit control. Anyway, my ally always got wiped out by HK to the east and OD together even if I send most of my units there. I manage to take out most production buildings except starport of the HK base southwest with engineers, but its force is still strong. My base even got destroyed by EM once after I send out most units. Is there a secret place in this map? 

Also I sell the forward refinery near the mid-map as it's a bit hard to defend, is it a good move?

Edited by Lightof7ustice
addtional info

22 hours ago, Lightof7ustice said:

Hi guys, I'm trying out the glory awaits missions AT part and I quite like it. However the second last mission "The Decisive Contest" is a bit hard for me, as I'm fighting 2v4 (or 3.5) but the ally almost doesn't rebuild the turrets or other buildings and I'm not that good at unit control. Anyway, my ally always got wiped out by HK to the east and OD together even if I send most of my units there. I manage to take out most production buildings except starport of the HK base southwest with engineers, but its force is still strong. My base even got destroyed by EM once after I send out most units. Is there a secret place in this map? 

Also I sell the forward refinery near the mid-map as it's a bit hard to defend, is it a good move?

I cannot remember exactly this mission, but the more easy way to go in any mission is the use of turrets.

you can try to deploy several gun turrets (or rocket turrets if you can afford it) next to that refinery to keep it alive but, if is still result hard to protect, just leave the refinery alive, let the harvester to do pick up some resources and more or less when you feel you are going to loose it you can send your harvester on another ref, but from the early going let him pick up spice in the nearby area.

For allies. You can try to deploy a MCV in the middle of the enemy base but, if you have not enough money (or there is no room to do that), you can use an engineer, keep presing the "Ctrl" (control) Key and click on one of you ally buildings, like a silo or something that doesn't impact your ally, from that point, you can deploy concrete and build multiple turrets to help him to survive.

1 hour ago, Cm_blast said:

I cannot remember exactly this mission, but the more easy way to go in any mission is the use of turrets.

you can try to deploy several gun turrets (or rocket turrets if you can afford it) next to that refinery to keep it alive but, if is still result hard to protect, just leave the refinery alive, let the harvester to do pick up some resources and more or less when you feel you are going to loose it you can send your harvester on another ref, but from the early going let him pick up spice in the nearby area.

For allies. You can try to deploy a MCV in the middle of the enemy base but, if you have not enough money (or there is no room to do that), you can use an engineer, keep presing the "Ctrl" (control) Key and click on one of you ally buildings, like a silo or something that doesn't impact your ally, from that point, you can deploy concrete and build multiple turrets to help him to survive.

Thank you for your reply.

Yeah I tried to build turrets in ally's base, but maybe they are simply too few. Should try to do it earlier to increase the number I suppose. And btw, turrets seem to be the best solution for people not that good at micro like me in Westwood games haha. When I was a kid 20 years ago playing the original campaign I can only build turret wall in almost every mission lol

6 hours ago, Lightof7ustice said:

Thank you for your reply.

Yeah I tried to build turrets in ally's base, but maybe they are simply too few. Should try to do it earlier to increase the number I suppose. And btw, turrets seem to be the best solution for people not that good at micro like me in Westwood games haha. When I was a kid 20 years ago playing the original campaign I can only build turret wall in almost every mission lol

Turrets are a really strong building to use.
just think that 1 gun turret can defeat 2 or 3 combat tanks.
with the prize of 3 combat tanks, you can deplay 5 gun turrets which you can repair withouth them having to go back to a repair pad.

The negative part is that they cannot move, so they cannot protect harvesters, but you can deploy a few turrets (even rocket turrets) and use all the money on vehicles. It is possible on some missions to hold with units, but as soon as you deploy turrets they will do it much better, you focus on build units so you have minimal casualties.

Of course, since this is a custom mission, some folks may do a mission with mining areas that make turrets almost useless, but anyway. The glory campaigns are kind a much harder versions of prexisting missions (The Ordos one is more unique) so don't feel bad if you cannot defeat certain missions or if you have to turn the game into easy difficulty (like I did once just to experience the whole story of a campaign I couldn't win not even using turrets).

8 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

Turrets are a really strong building to use.
just think that 1 gun turret can defeat 2 or 3 combat tanks.
with the prize of 3 combat tanks, you can deplay 5 gun turrets which you can repair withouth them having to go back to a repair pad.

The negative part is that they cannot move, so they cannot protect harvesters, but you can deploy a few turrets (even rocket turrets) and use all the money on vehicles. It is possible on some missions to hold with units, but as soon as you deploy turrets they will do it much better, you focus on build units so you have minimal casualties.

Of course, since this is a custom mission, some folks may do a mission with mining areas that make turrets almost useless, but anyway. The glory campaigns are kind a much harder versions of prexisting missions (The Ordos one is more unique) so don't feel bad if you cannot defeat certain missions or if you have to turn the game into easy difficulty (like I did once just to experience the whole story of a campaign I couldn't win not even using turrets).

Oh and I just found that by slowing down the game speed things got easier (a bit). But normally most people use the full speed I guess? I'm a bit impatient about the building speed etc. in case not full speed so most of cases I use full speed.

• Lightof7ustice changed the title to Glory Awaits Atreides A9v1 and A6v1, any hints or guide?
2 hours ago, Lightof7ustice said:

Oh and I just found that by slowing down the game speed things got easier (a bit). But normally most people use the full speed I guess? I'm a bit impatient about the building speed etc. in case not full speed so most of cases I use full speed.

Nothing wrong reducing the speed. To me is what people are confortable playing. If you are to record or stream watching a slower speed may not be as exciting as watching somebody playing at max speed, but I don't play at max speed myself, since I don't really enjoy the frentic pace (and I like to place all the concretes on every building or position all my units in a mirror-set up).

I play what I call the "real time speed", which is having the slider to the max-right and then click on the left twice. By "real time" it means that when you play any mission that sais "wait 20 minutes until X happens", 20 in real life minutes will pass (while on max speed is like 7-8 minutes only). 

But again, is up to people, I also play with the vanilla resolution, other's play with a gigantic resolution which gives you all the map visible on your screen and so on. Just play whatever way you want, since others play on max speed and hard difficulty, others on even slower than real life (so a 20 minutes countdown is like 25-30 minutes gameplay) and/or on easy.