Campaign "War of the Landsraad" bug report, and any guide?

Lightof7ustice

spacer.png

Hi, I'd like to report this bug, though maybe my campaign is not the newest. I use both Gruntmods edition and the most complete pack from the forum. 

So the bug is, as in "War of the Landsraad" you can build different combat tanks as long as you have the corresponding heavy factory, but Hark factory doesn't provide the correct heavy combat tank. Instead it provides the thumper with name heavy tank once you capture a Hark heavy factory as non-Hark fraction.

And btw anyone succesfully finish the last mission for this campaign as Atreides? Haven't found video on youtube yet, and I can only finish this as Hark (didn't try Ordos but should be similar to Hark). Difficult to defend the Emperor as Atr since no other AI allies are sending units here.

On 7/18/2022 at 1:18 AM, Lightof7ustice said:

And btw anyone succesfully finish the last mission for this campaign as Atreides? Haven't found video on youtube yet, and I can only finish this as Hark (didn't try Ordos but should be similar to Hark). Difficult to defend the Emperor as Atr since no other AI allies are sending units here.

I have completed the last mission and it will be on my Youtube within the next week if you'd like too see. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbl_fLaVCJJlUhVDSBoqhwQ

On 7/17/2022 at 6:18 PM, Lightof7ustice said:

spacer.png

Hi, I'd like to report this bug, though maybe my campaign is not the newest. I use both Gruntmods edition and the most complete pack from the forum. 

So the bug is, as in "War of the Landsraad" you can build different combat tanks as long as you have the corresponding heavy factory, but Hark factory doesn't provide the correct heavy combat tank. Instead it provides the thumper with name heavy tank once you capture a Hark heavy factory as non-Hark fraction.

You are right about the Heavy Tank, it is a bug and I believe it only happens with the Hark factory, sorry about that.

As for finishing the last mission, the Atreides version is, by far, the most difficult, with the Ordos version being pretty easy and Harkonnen being in-between. As the Atreides, the way I played it was to rush a few refs and harvs (since nobody attacks me directly, therefore I can go full macro and get a booming economy early) then mass units near the sardaukar base. This works well if you can micro the units semi-decently and if you can build fast enough to keep a constant flow of reinforcements. Eventually you can tech-up to sonics and keep them there for defence, they help a lot on this map. 

Another way to do it is to get an MCV there, expand with concrete till u reach the edge of the base where they get attacked and build turrets there (support them with some army ideally). This might be a bit easier, but it really just depends on your playstyle. Dont be afraid if the sardaukars lose a lot of their base, that is somewhat normal, its important that they dont lose the ConYard, refs or all production buildings.

As for videos, the only one I know about is this one, on low speed: 

But there is a guy (DuneTiger) on our discord server that is recording War of the Landsraad Atreides right now and he is playing on fastest speed (if you want that), he is currently on the 8th Atreides mission but over time he will eventually upload the 15th mission.

Here is his channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbl_fLaVCJJlUhVDSBoqhwQ