There a zoom in option?

corhor

On 1/9/2022 at 10:55 PM, corhor said:

On modern resulutions the game is zoomed out very far. Is there a way to zoom in to get a better look at my units or no?

Use the config.exe and change the resolution to something smaller.

The bigger the resolution used, the more map you will see but the units will be smaller; with low resolutions you will see the units and buildings big but won't see too much of the terrain.

No zooming available, you just need to set your resolution to something in bewteen, like 1024 or the next bigger option.

On 1/14/2022 at 6:51 AM, Cm_blast said:

Use the config.exe and change the resolution to something smaller.

The bigger the resolution used, the more map you will see but the units will be smaller; with low resolutions you will see the units and buildings big but won't see too much of the terrain.

No zooming available, you just need to set your resolution to something in bewteen, like 1024 or the next bigger option.

The only probelm with that is for some reason in borderless mode there is no in game audio except for the cutscenes. So I either have a choice to play the game with no sound or play it like I'm watching ants. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/15/2022 at 5:35 PM, corhor said:

The only probelm with that is for some reason in borderless mode there is no in game audio except for the cutscenes. So I either have a choice to play the game with no sound or play it like I'm watching ants. 

Yeah it's kinda weird & shame really esp. when knowing that 'Dune 2 - The Maker' project has zoom in & out feature with Rat Wheel. Surely it could be added into Dune 2K GruntMods Edition that uses way newer tech. Once that's available then it's playable with high ress & no need to watch all the time Ants Colony going wild in Planet Arrakis ^^. Zoom in & out brings nice dose of immersion so also cause of it that's a nice feature to have. Here's to hoping for it to be added sooner than later :rolleyes:  Kindly: Arrakis gamer since early -90's o/