Version 0.6.0 released!

stefanhendriks

Howdies. It's great to see this & esp. after played lil bit yesterday evening. Good to have zoom in & out, but for it to be perfect would be nice to have shorter cap set to zoomed out. Sometimes when zoom in for funz then once zoom back out, there may come lil slip by going too far & that's really far :D Second & most important suggestion: Please reverse the rat buttons config. so it matches today's config. :rolleyes: Means that unit selection with left & commands with right button. Back in the 90's & lil after when played with golden compact sized Amiga 600 all went smoothly like drinking berry smoothie on sunny day, but naturally on these days it's opposite when used to better one :) Unit went towards base for many times when i went to build after had sent command(s) cause of that blasted left button is for commands :wacko: Good that now can add unit groups like was possible already in good ol C&C that is "Son of Dune 2" & even back then C&C had 'guard' feature just by clicking "G" on keyb. if memory not mistaken. Good that can select multiple units with drag & select or by holding shift & click. 

The 'guard' feature wasn't needed for Dune 2 though cause units attack autom. if enemy comes to their visual range & they returned to orig. spot ^^ Those are the suggestions to make gameplay enjoayble & next couple questions. How to save since there's no menu available & how to configure audio settings ? Love the good ol midi music, but need to change vol for that & speech. Thanks for doing this proj. as it gives good nostalgia times to relax with ^^ I'll support this mod project by sharing good word & dropping few € monthly (if you have paypal for it) after confirmed that those changes are coming :) Hope you have good rest of the september & year o/ Kindly: Arrakis adventurer since early -90's & fan of books, games, tv mini-series, movie (yes Lynch's movie was good'ish) & supporting Villeneuve's movie by watching it in Cinema. Also stream it at least once a month via HBO Max for first 3x months as i've been subber to HBO Nordic since early this year. It merges to HBO Max on next month :wub: 

Edited by Fedaygin
Clarified one sentence

@Fedayginthanks for your response!

If you want to support monthly you can do that via Ko-fi (also supports Paypal I think). You have good suggestions, I also saw such suggestions on Discord so they certainly are requested by more people.

I think eventually it comes down to making the buttons configurable. Combined with a proper options menu so you can change that easily.

Do check the github issues, as I collect *all* these ideas/bugs/features/etc there. Also drop your suggestions at Discord so I don't miss them and they can be discussed further.

@stefanhendriks Thanks for info about few things. Good to know that i'm not only one with some of these additions & change that improves gameplay with big steps. "Combined with a proper options menu so you can change that easily." <-- That would be very good, but also to just add only add 'today's' rat controls scheme which is that commands from right & selection with left :) I'll take a look at github link & join to discord once brewed Hot Ginger Tea ^^ Weird policy here about adding reactions like upvote, like etc. Sometimes even after twenty four hours i still get pop up saying that "sorry, you cannot add any more reactions today" :o Good weekend, coding (if you code) & until next time o/ 

Edited by Fedaygin
Clarified one sentence

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Alexabder said:

На стартовой странице мышь уезжает и ничего не получается выбрать ... как начать игру?)

That must be a bug cause rat pointer & selecting has been working for over a month. I play short sessions two to three times a week ^^ Stefan prob. checks this for you soon when time is ready.

Edited by Fedaygin
Clarified Things

• 3 months later...