General Sardukar Mission

Player

On 7/19/2021 at 5:14 PM, Player said:

Well, I want it to be a Player, so that it is somehow remembered by the people, and on the other hand, I want General Sardukar. I think General Sardukar is still better. For how does it sound to me

I replayed the campaign, or at least a good part of it.

There something that you did don't know if you were aware of it.

Both mercs and sandworms have a priority of 1 for harvs, but this is not needed.

image.png.336792a525517d1738e9f162bc50c411.png

With this value you are already saying to the Ai how many harvester he needs to have per every refinery

image.png.d15379d6b7c241ee08cc6cad3ccada90.png

The AI still will build the harvesters even if the priority is set to 0, that doesn't matter, the "harvestersPerRefinery" is the one the game use to define how many harvs he will get at the end.

I said this because I saw the mercenaries having 5 harvesters for no reason. The bigger their army, the more harvesters it will produce. This is the same for the sandworm, he had several harvs and did an order of 5 extra harvesters for the same reason.

Maybe this was intended, or maybe you didn't know this would happen.

It is usually better to just write the "HarvPerRef" to the value you want, or else the AI will keep wasting time on building extra harvesters (even if he has a lot already) if their army keeps getting bigger and bigger.

The difficulty of the mission switched a bit. now with smugglers and mercs starting neutral the beggining was easier, but it is true that later the mercs become a big problem (although because the time they wasted on building more and more harvs probably made them more easy to deal with).

But the end-game work as intended, my ally destroyed the things he should and let me capture the palace with no problems.

There is something minor:

image.thumb.png.13b2947eb27ea8fb5eb01102ed52ce1a.png

you need to add the "add run-once flag" because once the player capture the structure the game will show 5 lines:
I congratulate you on your victory General

game end just as this happens, but still, that's something if you want to make the line to appears only one time.

oh, and now I saw this.
image.png.0a2390befbc8d06eab65668793b92261.png

Is also on the last mission, if you change the message to appears only once you can take the oportunity to fix this wrong tile :P.

36 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

Both mercs and sandworms have a priority of 1 for harvs, but this is not needed.

With this value you are already saying to the Ai how many harvester he needs to have per every refinery

The AI still will build the harvesters even if the priority is set to 0, that doesn't matter, the "harvestersPerRefinery" is the one the game use to define how many harvs he will get at the end.

I said this because I saw the mercenaries having 5 harvesters for no reason. The bigger their army, the more harvesters it will produce. This is the same for the sandworm, he had several harvs and did an order of 5 extra harvesters for the same reason.

It is usually better to just write the "HarvPerRef" to the value you want, or else the AI will keep wasting time on building extra harvesters (even if he has a lot already) if their army keeps getting bigger and bigger.

The difficulty of the mission switched a bit. now with smugglers and mercs starting neutral the beggining was easier, but it is true that later the mercs become a big problem (although because the time they wasted on building more and more harvs probably made them more easy to deal with).

But the end-game work as intended, my ally destroyed the things he should and let me capture the palace with no problems.

you need to add the "add run-once flag" because once the player capture the structure the game will show 5 lines:

game end just as this happens, but still, that's something if you want to make the line to appears only one time.

oh, and now I saw this.

Is also on the last mission, if you change the message to appears only once you can take the oportunity to fix this wrong tile :P.

First of all, I didn't notice the curved tile :). And secondly, I made more combines on purpose. Now I will fix some errors, and I will throw off the reworked version

40 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

oh, and now I saw this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jGTs7kcpO74RsySEX_qr5OwFoyNdoPrj/view?usp=sharing

alright, at least just letting you know that if you change "2" for "5" you can have the same effect and it doesn't depend on which/how many units the AI has, if you write "5" the Ai will build to have 5 harvester as his first priority, ignoring building other tanks or anything, and only when it have 5, it will start.

Cannot download, access denied.

5 hours ago, Player said:

there are any fixing?

Both Fix 3 and fix 4, time of modification on both mission 9 are the same (and are the most recent files of the folder).

In fact, fix 3 sais last modification was done at 15:02
while fix 4 was done at 15:01, (1 minute before).

Wrong version files?

Edited by Cm_blast

53 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

there are any fixing?

Both Fix 3 and fix 4, time of modification on both mission 9 are the same (and are the most recent files of the folder).

In fact, fix 3 sais last modification was done at 15:02
while fix 4 was done at 15:01, (1 minute before).

Wrong version files?

With the correction

2 hours ago, Player said:

With the correction

but it doesn't have any correction, in fact, fix 3 it's more recent that fix 4 which you send several hours later.

I mean, if this is what it is suppose to be fixed, it isn't from what I can see.

image.thumb.png.cd8d3cb26ca6afcb2e0982c468bdc554.png

The wrong tile is still there, and the message still repeat withouth the "once flag" attached to it.

Maybe you forgot to save after doing the changes?

Edited by Cm_blast

32 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

but it doesn't have any correction, in fact, fix 3 it's more recent that fix 4 which you send several hours later.

I mean, if this is what it is suppose to be fixed, it isn't from what I can see.

image.thumb.png.cd8d3cb26ca6afcb2e0982c468bdc554.png

The wrong tile is still there, and the message still repeat withouth the "once flag" attached to it.

Maybe you forgot to save after doing the changes?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IbAjgpG8oeoy_4Za4lWAz3jzR_pIhFAi/view?usp=sharing

6 hours ago, Player said:

Alright, check. All good. I doub there is anything more to say.

Whenever you can edit the first post to leave this link fully updated quickly accesible to everybody.

I leave this up to you, but having a screenshot or two in the first post may make people more prone to download and play your campaign.
Either way, I enjoyed the campaign, even more with all the fixing.

Will wait for any other future campaign, if you do another.

Edited by Cm_blast